MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 21, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
|Angels||-1.5 (+156)||O 8.5 (-135)||-126|
|Reds||+1.5 (-185)||U 8.5 (+106)||+108|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Giolito (R) CIN: Ashcraft (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Brandon Drury (two-game homer streak), the Los Angeles Angels (61-64) are favorites versus the Cincinnati Reds (64-61) Monday at 9:38 PM ET. Oddsmakers have named the Angels as -126 favorites for the game, which airs on BSW. Los Angeles’ Lucas Giolito gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft.
Angels vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels have the No. 9 offense in MLB action scoring 4.8 runs per game (597 total runs).
- The Angels are third in MLB action with 184 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Los Angeles’ .250 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Angels are 14th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .322.
- Los Angeles’ .435 slugging percentage ranks fifth-best in baseball.
- The Reds have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 595.
- Cincinnati ranks 17th in Major League Baseball with 144 home runs.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- Cincinnati has an OBP of .326 this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- The Reds are 15th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
Angels vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have won 53.6% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (30-26).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -126 or shorter, Los Angeles has a 22-20 record (winning 52.4% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Angels a 55.8% chance to win.
- In the 104 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Los Angeles, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 53 times (53-51-0).
- The Angels have a 52-58-0 record against the spread this season (covering 47.3% of the time).
- The Reds have entered the game as underdogs 84 times this season and won 42, or 50%, of those games.
- Cincinnati is 30-33 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +108 or more on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 48.1% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in 52 of its 107 games with a total this season.
- In 107 games with a spread this season, the Reds are 64-43-0 ATS.
|Lucas Giolito (LAA)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|7 – 9||W/L||6 – 8|
Angels Key Hitters
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in batting average (.306), home runs (43) and runs batted in (89) this season.
- Ohtani ranks first in the majors in home runs, and sixth in RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has 106 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .438 this season.
- Renfroe ranks 63rd in baseball in home runs, and 93rd in RBI.
- Drury has 92 hits this season and a slash line of .269/.308/.488.
- Drury enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .238 in his last five outings with two homers.
- Luis Rengifo has 79 hits and an OBP of .318 to go with a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Spencer Steer has racked up a team-best 18 home runs and 66 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Steer ranks 63rd in homers and 42nd in RBI.
- TJ Friedl is batting .275 to lead his team.
- Friedl ranks 150th overall in home runs and 123rd in RBI this year.
- Friedl has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a home run and an RBI.
- Matt McLain is hitting .296 with 23 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 28 walks.
- Tyler Stephenson is hitting .247 with 14 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 43 walks.
- Stephenson has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!