MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, April 21, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
|Angels||-2.5 (+113)||O 8.5 (-125)||-303|
|Royals||+2.5 (-133)||U 8.5 (-102)||+247|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Ohtani (R) KC: Clarke (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Los Angeles Angels (9-10) are -303 favorites to break their two-game losing streak when they face the Kansas City Royals (4-15), losers of six in a row. The game begins Friday at 9:38 PM ET on BSW, live from Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Taylor Clarke.
Angels vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels rank 13th in runs scored with 91, 4.8 per game.
- The Angels are 16th in MLB action with 20 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Los Angeles ranks 20th in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- The Angels rank 13th in baseball with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles’ .374 slugging percentage is 22nd in MLB.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 59 total runs (3.1 per game) this season.
- Kansas City has hit just 14 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the majors.
- The Royals rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .208.
- Kansas City is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .264.
- The Royals are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .331 this season.
Angels vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have won three of the five games they were the moneyline favorite this season (60%).
- Los Angeles has played as moneyline favorites of -303 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Angels have an implied win probability of 75.2%.
- In the nine games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Los Angeles, it has combined with opponents to go over the total three times (3-6-0).
- The Angels have covered 62.5% of their games this season, going 5-3-0 against the spread.
- The Royals have won one of the seven games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Kansas City has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +247 moneyline set for this game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Royals, based on the moneyline, is 28.8%.
- Games involving Kansas City have gone over the total set by bookmakers in seven of eight chances this season.
- The Royals are 2-6-0 against the spread this season.
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Taylor Clarke (KC)|
|2 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Angels Key Hitters
- Hunter Renfroe leads Los Angeles in home runs (four) and runs batted in (16) this season while batting .264.
- Renfroe is 22nd in home runs and 14th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Renfroe enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s hitting .211 with one homer.
- Ohtani’s four home runs are most among Los Angeles batters. He’s driven in 11 runs this season while slugging .478.
- Ohtani ranks 22nd in home runs and 53rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Mike Trout is batting .299 to lead Los Angeles, while adding three homers and nine runs batted in this season.
- Trout will look to add one more to his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he has a batting average of .381.
- Logan O’Hoppe leads Los Angeles in home runs with four while driving in 13 runs and slugging .547.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a team-high three home runs and seven runs batted in.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total ranks 57th in the majors, and he is 141st in RBI.
- Vinnie Pasquantino has hit three home runs while hitting .270. Both are team-highs.
- Pasquantino ranks 57th in home runs and 176th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Pasquantino enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Salvador Perez has put up a team-high seven runs batted in.
- Perez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with three doubles and an RBI.
- Nicky Lopez has three doubles, a triple and six walks while hitting .184.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!