MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 3:07 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
|Angels||-1.5 (-196)||O 8.5 (-117)||-119|
|Athletics||+1.5 (+165)||U 8.5 (-107)||+101|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Sandoval (L) OAK: Sears (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Los Angeles Angels (72-89) and Oakland Athletics (50-111) meet Sunday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, with first pitch at 3:07 PM ET on BSW. The Angels are -119 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Athletics are favored against the spread of 1.5 runs with +165 odds. Patrick Sandoval will get the ball for Los Angeles while Oakland will counter with JP Sears.
Angels vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels are the 16th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.5 runs per game (732 total).
- The Angels are fifth-best in baseball with 228 total home runs.
- Los Angeles has the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.245).
- The Angels’ .316 on-base percentage is 20th in MLB.
- Los Angeles is ninth in MLB, slugging .425.
- The Athletics have scored 582 runs (just 3.6 per game) this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Oakland’s 170 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .223.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank last in the majors with a .370 team slugging percentage.
Angels vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have compiled a 32-33 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 49.2% of those games).
- Los Angeles has a 26-29 record (winning 47.3% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -119 or shorter.
- The Angels have a 54.3% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by bookmakers 140 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 72 of those games (72-67-1).
- The Angels have gone 67-79-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Athletics have won 47 out of the 149 games, or 31.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Oakland has won 45 of its 144 games, or 31.2%, when it’s the underdog by at least +101 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 49.8%.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 77 of its 147 games with a total this season.
- The Athletics are 73-75-0 against the spread in their 148 chances this season.
|Patrick Sandoval (LAA)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|7 – 13||W/L||5 – 13|
Angels Key Hitters
- Brandon Drury has been key for Los Angeles with 24 home runs, 80 RBI and a batting average of .260 this season.
- Drury’s home runs rank him 52nd in MLB, and he is 52nd in RBI.
- Drury enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .250 with one homer.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .268 with an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .452 this season.
- Mike Moustakas has 87 hits this season and a slash line of .247/.293/.392.
- Mickey Moniak has 86 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .492 this season.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz has 24 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 19 walks while hitting .255.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ruiz’s home run total puts him 311th, and his RBI total ranks 189th.
- Brent Rooker has hit 29 home runs with 68 runs batted in while hitting .241. Those stats all pace his team.
- Among all major league batters, Rooker ranks 29th in home runs and 94th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .209 with 13 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 44 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .205 with 19 doubles, four triples, 22 home runs and 34 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!