MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 4:07 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Angels||-1.5 (+134)||O 8.5 (-101)||-128|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-158)||U 8.5 (-126)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Canning (R) OAK: Blackburn (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Los Angeles Angels (64-71) are favorites (-128) on the moneyline when they square off against the Oakland Athletics (40-95) Saturday at 4:07 PM ET, live on MLB Network. Griffin Canning gets the starting nod for Los Angeles while Paul Blackburn is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Angels vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels have the No. 12 offense in MLB action scoring 4.7 runs per game (640 total runs).
- The Angels rank third-best in MLB action with 196 total home runs.
- Los Angeles has the 15th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Angels are 14th in MLB with a .323 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in MLB with a .434 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 492 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Oakland has hit 138 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the majors.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .224.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .301 this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .368 this season.
Angels vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have won 50.8% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (31-30).
- Los Angeles has gone 21-21 (winning 50% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -128 or shorter.
- The Angels have a 56.1% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Los Angeles has played in 114 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-55-0).
- The Angels are 55-65-0 against the spread this season.
- The Athletics have won 37, or 30.1%, of the 123 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Oakland has entered 115 games this season as the underdog by +109 or more and is 33-82 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 47.8% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 64 of 121 chances this season.
- The Athletics are 61-61-0 ATS in their 122 games with a spread this season.
|Griffin Canning (LAA)||Pitcher||Paul Blackburn (OAK)|
|7 – 4||W/L||3 – 4|
Angels Key Hitters
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .307 with 44 home runs and 95 RBI. All three of those stats lead Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total ranks him first and his RBI tally places him sixth.
- Ohtani enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .300.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .257 with an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
- Rengifo is 127th in homers and 150th in RBI this season.
- Rengifo enters this game on a nine-game hit streak. He’s hitting .500 during his last five outings with three homers.
- Brandon Drury has 102 hits this season and a slash line of .269/.309/.488.
- Drury enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .300 over the course of his last five outings with one homer.
- Randal Grichuk has collected 92 hits this season and has an OBP of .323. He’s slugging .448 on the year.
- Grichuk is batting .353 with one homer during his last five games. He also comes into Saturday’s game looking to extend his three-game hitting streak.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz leads the Athletics with a team-best batting average of .251.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ruiz is 335th in home runs and 187th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker has hit 22 home runs with 55 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Among all major league batters, Rooker is 38th in homers and 101st in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 13 doubles, three triples, four home runs and 37 walks while hitting .217.
- Ryan Noda is batting .238 with 19 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 65 walks.
- Noda brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .222 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!