MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, July 21, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
|Angels||-1.5 (+106)||O 8.5 (-101)||-196|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-125)||U 8.5 (-126)||+165|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Ohtani (R) PIT: Oviedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Jared Triolo carries a 12-game hitting streak for the Pittsburgh Pirates (42-54) into Friday’s matchup with the Los Angeles Angels (49-48). Mickey Moniak, (11-game hitting streak) and the Angels are -196 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 9:38 PM ET live on BSW from Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani and Pittsburgh’s Johan Oviedo have been named the starters for this contest.
Angels vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels are the sixth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.0 runs per game (485 total).
- The Angels are third-best in MLB play with 147 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in the majors with a .256 batting average.
- The Angels rank third in baseball with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in baseball with a .445 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored 396 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh’s 84 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of .236 this season, which ranks 21st among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Pirates rank 26th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .379 this season.
Angels vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have gone 24-23 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 51.1% of those games).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -196 or shorter, Los Angeles has a 5-2 record (winning 71.4% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Angels a 66.2% chance to win.
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by bookmakers 80 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 40 of those games (40-40-0).
- The Angels have covered 48.8% of their games this season, going 41-43-0 ATS.
- The Pirates have won 24, or 36.9%, of the 65 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 5-6 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +165 on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have a 37.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 46 of its 82 games with a total.
- The Pirates are 37-45-0 against the spread in their 82 chances this season.
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|7 – 5||W/L||3 – 10|
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani is batting .306 with 35 home runs and 76 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Ohtani ranks first in MLB in homers, and third in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .248 with an OBP of .327 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
- Ward is 105th in homers and 114th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Hunter Renfroe has 82 hits this season and a slash line of .244/.301/.440.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .214 with an OBP of .308 and a slugging percentage of .341 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Carlos Santana has 22 doubles, nine home runs and 42 walks while hitting .230.
- Santana is 143rd in homers and 76th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Bryan Reynolds has 21 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 31 walks while batting .255.
- Among all MLB hitters, Reynolds is 143rd in homers and 83rd in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has racked up a team-high batting average of .266.
- McCutchen takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .136 with a double and two walks.
- Jack Suwinski has shown off his power as he leads his team with 19 home runs and 49 runs batted in.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!