MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 7:45 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Angels||-1.5 (+116)||O 7.5 (-117)||-142|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (-136)||U 7.5 (-107)||+121|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Ohtani (R) STL: Mikolas (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (10-20) will try to end their four-game losing streak when they host the Los Angeles Angels (16-14) on Wednesday at 7:45 PM ET on BSMW. Bookmakers consider the Angels to be -142 favorites for the contest, while the Cardinals are +121 underdogs looking for the upset. Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani and St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas have been named the starters for this contest.
Angels vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels score the eighth-most runs in baseball (153 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Angels average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in baseball with 40 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .250 batting average ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Angels are 11th in MLB with a .329 on-base percentage.
- Los Angeles’ .414 slugging percentage is 12th in MLB.
- The Cardinals rank 20th in the majors with 124 total runs scored this season.
- St. Louis has hit 32 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Cardinals’ .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .330 this season, which ranks 10th in baseball.
- The Cardinals rank 13th in the majors with a .407 team slugging percentage.
Angels vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have compiled an 8-4 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -142 or shorter, Los Angeles has a record of 7-2 (77.8%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Angels’ implied win probability is 58.7%.
- Los Angeles has played in 18 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total seven times (7-11-0).
- The Angels have covered 52.6% of their games this season, going 10-9-0 against the spread.
- The Cardinals have won one of the nine games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- St. Louis has a record of 1-3 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +121 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 45.2% chance to win.
- St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of its 19 games with a total this season.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 8-12-0 in 20 games with a spread this season.
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Miles Mikolas (STL)|
|4 – 0||W/L||1 – 1|
Angels Key Hitters
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles in home runs this season with seven while driving in 18 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s home run total ranks him 12th and his RBI tally places him 36th.
- Ohtani is batting .455 with two homers during his last five games and is on a five-game hitting streak.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .259 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 20 RBI.
- Renfroe is 12th in homers and 24th in RBI in the bigs.
- Renfroe will look to extend his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .158.
- Mike Trout is batting .297 this season with seven home runs and 18 RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .209 with an OBP of .318 and a slugging percentage of .336 this season.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals with a .304 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Goldschmidt ranks 75th in homers and 76th in RBI.
- Goldschmidt heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with three doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Tommy Edman has four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .267.
- Edman is 75th among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 158th in RBI.
- Edman enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Nolan Gorman leads the Cardinals in home runs (six) and runs batted in (22).
- Willson Contreras is hitting .255 with six doubles, two home runs and 12 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!