MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
|Dodgers||-1.5 (-103)||O 9.5 (-112)||-163|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-113)||U 9.5 (-113)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: LAD: Sheehan (R) WSH: Gore (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Dodgers vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A pair of surging power hitters meet Friday when Chris Taylor — with his two-game homer streak in tow — and the Los Angeles Dodgers (85-54) take on Lane Thomas (home runs in three straight) and the Washington Nationals (63-77). The Dodgers are favorites (-163) for the contest, which starts at 7:05 PM ET, live from Nationals Park and broadcast on MASN2. Emmet Sheehan gets the starting nod for Los Angeles while MacKenzie Gore is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Dodgers vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Dodgers are the second-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.6 runs per game (779 total).
- The Dodgers rank second-best in MLB play with 217 total home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Dodgers are second in MLB with an on-base percentage of .341.
- Los Angeles is second in baseball, slugging .459.
- The Nationals have scored 603 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- Washington has hit just 127 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the majors.
- The Nationals’ .256 batting average ranks 11th in the league this season.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Nationals are 23rd in MLB with a slugging percentage of .395 this season.
Dodgers vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Dodgers are 64-37 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 63.4% of those games).
- Los Angeles has gone 28-15 (winning 65.1% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -163 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Dodgers have an implied win probability of 62%.
- In the 116 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Los Angeles, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-49-0).
- The Dodgers have a 67-54-0 record ATS this season (covering 55.4% of the time).
- The Nationals have entered the game as underdogs 118 times this season and won 50, or 42.4%, of those games.
- Washington is 34-35 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +139 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 41.8% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 55 of its 120 games with a total this season.
- The Nationals are 68-58-0 against the spread this season.
|Emmet Sheehan (LAD)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|3 – 1||W/L||7 – 10|
Dodgers Key Hitters
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles in home runs with 38 and runs batted in with 99.
- Betts’ home runs rank him fifth in MLB, and he ranks fourth in RBI.
- Freddie Freeman is batting .337 to lead Los Angeles, while adding 25 homers and 92 runs batted in this season.
- Freeman ranks 31st in home runs and eighth in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Max Muncy is slashing .204/.333/.478 this season for the Dodgers.
- Will Smith has collected 112 hits this season and has an OBP of .364. He’s slugging .451 on the year.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Thomas paces the Nationals with 23 home runs and has racked up a team-best batting average of .285.
- Among all batters in MLB, Thomas’ home run total puts him 39th, and his RBI total ranks 43rd.
- Thomas brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Joey Meneses has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 77 RBI.
- Meneses ranks 182nd among hitters in the majors in homers, and 38th in RBI.
- C.J. Abrams is hitting .245 with 22 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 22 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .257 with 19 doubles, 16 home runs and 30 walks.
- Ruiz brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with a walk.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!