MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Pitching Probables: SEA: Gilbert (R) CHC: Stroman (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mariners vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (6-4) are the underdogs on the moneyline (-104) in Wednesday’s contest against the Seattle Mariners (4-8). The game starts at 2:20 PM ET on MARQ. The Cubs are favored against the spread in this one (1.5) with +182 odds. Logan Gilbert starts for Seattle while Marcus Stroman is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Mariners vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Mariners rank 15th in runs scored with 54, 4.5 per game.
- The Mariners average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 20th in MLB play with 11 total home runs.
- Seattle ranks 24th in the majors with a .232 batting average.
- The Mariners’ .298 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in baseball.
- Seattle ranks 22nd in MLB, slugging .382.
- The Cubs have scored 59 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 25th in Major League Baseball with nine home runs.
- The Cubs rank first in the majors with a .290 team batting average.
- Chicago is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .353.
- The Cubs rank 19th in the majors with a .417 team slugging percentage.
Mariners vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mariners are playing as the moneyline favorite in their first game this season.
- Seattle has not played a game with moneyline odds of -112 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Mariners have an implied win probability of 52.8%.
- Bookmakers have set an over/under for just one of Seattle’s games so far this season. It went over the total.
- The Mariners have had a spread set for only one matchup this season, and they did not cover.
- The Cubs will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
- Chicago has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the -104 odds on it winning this game.
- The implied probability of a win by the Cubs, based on the moneyline, is 51%.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total in one opportunity this season.
- The Cubs have played one game with a spread this season and covered in that game.
|Logan Gilbert (SEA)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|0 – 1||W/L||2 – 0|
Mariners Key Hitters
- Ty France leads Seattle with a .346 batting average.
- France’s home runs put him 111th in Major League Baseball, and he is 39th in RBI.
- France enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s hitting .333.
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in home runs with two while driving in four runs and slugging .426.
- Rodriguez ranks 49th in homers and 142nd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Eugenio Suarez leads Seattle in RBI with 10 while batting .320.
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in home runs with two while driving in four runs and slugging .636.
- Kelenic will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .444 with two homers in his last five outings.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner has three doubles and a walk while hitting .356.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Hoerner’s home run total puts him 222nd, and his RBI total ranks 190th.
- Ian Happ is batting .314 with four doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
- Happ ranks 111th overall in homers and 73rd in RBI this year.
- Dansby Swanson has racked up a team-high batting average of .400.
- Patrick Wisdom has shown his power as he leads his team with three home runs.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!