MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Megill (R) SD: Snell (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Padres, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Wednesday’s matchup between the New York Mets (6-6) and San Diego Padres (7-5) could go either way, as sportsbooks have declared the game a pick ’em (both teams are even on the moneyline). Action gets underway from Citi Field at 1:10 PM ET, live on MLB Network). Tylor Megill will get the ball for New York while San Diego will counter with Blake Snell.
Mets vs. Padres 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets rank 23rd in runs scored with 46, 3.8 per game.
- The Mets are 23rd in MLB play with 10 total home runs.
- New York is 27th in MLB with a .214 batting average.
- The Mets rank 22nd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .319.
- New York’s .345 slugging percentage is the fourth-lowest average in MLB.
- The Padres rank 15th in the league with 54 total runs scored this season.
- San Diego’s 16 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- The Padres’ .232 batting average ranks 24th in the league this season.
- San Diego has an on-base percentage of .320 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Padres rank 17th in the majors with a .418 team slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Padres Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- New York has played as moneyline favorites of -109 or shorter in only one game this season, which it lost.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Mets have an implied win probability of 52.2%.
- Bookmakers have set an over/under for just one of New York’s games so far this season. It went under the total.
- The Mets have had a spread set for only one matchup this season, and they did not cover.
- The Padres have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- San Diego has played as an underdog of -109 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The implied probability of a win by the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 52.2%.
- San Diego and its opponents have hit the over once in two tries this season.
- The Padres have played two games with a spread this season and covered in both games.
|Tylor Megill (NYM)||Pitcher||Blake Snell (SD)|
|2 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (five) and runs batted in (11) this season while batting .222.
- Alonso ranks first in MLB in home runs, and eighth in RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has six hits and an OBP of .413 to go with a slugging percentage of .219 this season.
- Nimmo ranks 222nd in homers and 190th in RBI this year.
- Starling Marte’s batting average of .297 leads all New York hitters this season.
- Marte will look to add one more to his six-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .333 with one homer.
- Francisco Lindor has collected nine hits this season and has an OBP of .373. He’s slugging .400 on the year.
- Lindor is batting .222 with one homer over the course of his last five games. He also comes into Wednesday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts paces the Padres in home runs (four), runs batted in (10) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .333.
- In all of the majors, Bogaerts is fifth in homers and 15th in RBI.
- Bogaerts brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .190 with two doubles, two home runs and 12 walks.
- Soto ranks 49th in home runs and 107th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ha-Seong Kim is hitting .289 with four doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Kim heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .292 with two doubles and two home runs.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!