MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Marlins||-1.5 (+178)||O 8.5 (-112)||-114|
|Braves||+1.5 (-212)||U 8.5 (-113)||-102|
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Luzardo (L) ATL: Dodd (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Braves, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Miami Marlins (16-15) host the Atlanta Braves (21-10) at 4:10 PM ET Thursday for a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. For the favored Marlins (-114), Luis Arraez is batting .432 this year, first in the league, while Ronald Acuna Jr. ranks third in the majors with a .355 average for the underdog Braves. Jesus Luzardo will get the ball for Miami while Atlanta will counter with Dylan Dodd.
Marlins vs. Braves 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins score the second-fewest runs in baseball (105 total, 3.4 per game).
- The Marlins average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 24th in MLB play with 27 total home runs.
- Miami has the 15th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Marlins rank 22nd in baseball with a .308 on-base percentage.
- Miami’s .379 slugging percentage is 21st in MLB.
- The Braves have scored 170 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- Atlanta ranks third in Major League Baseball with 52 home runs.
- The Braves have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- Atlanta has an OBP of .343 this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Braves rank second in the majors with a .468 team slugging percentage.
Marlins vs. Braves Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have compiled a 4-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Miami has a record of 4-2 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -114 or shorter (66.7% winning percentage).
- The Marlins have an implied moneyline win probability of 53.3% in this matchup.
- Miami has played in 18 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total eight times (8-10-0).
- The Marlins are 8-11-0 ATS this season.
- The Braves won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Atlanta has played as an underdog of -102 or more once this season and won that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 50.5% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 14 of its 19 opportunities.
- The Braves have an ATS record of 9-11-0 in 20 games with a spread this season.
|Jesús Luzardo (MIA)||Pitcher||Dylan Dodd (ATL)|
|2 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Arraez leads Miami with a batting average of .432.
- Arraez ranks 245th in the majors in homers, and 125th in RBI.
- Arraez is batting .467 during his last five outings and is riding a six-game hitting streak.
- Jon Berti has collected 21 hits this season and has an OBP of .309. He’s slugging .356 on the year.
- Berti ranks 172nd in homers and 219th in RBI in the majors.
- Jorge Soler is slugging .423 this season, with a team-high five home runs. He’s also collected 10 RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in home runs with five and runs batted in with 13.
Braves Key Hitters
- Acuna paces the Braves with a team-best batting average of .355.
- Acuna ranks 31st in homers and 35th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ozzie Albies’ nine home runs and 26 RBI both lead his team.
- Albies is fifth overall in home runs and seventh in RBI this season.
- Albies has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Sean Murphy is hitting .289 with seven doubles, eight home runs and 20 walks.
- Matt Olson is hitting .246 with six doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 22 walks.
- Olson enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!