MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, April 28, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Marlins||– ()||O 7.5 (-111)||-108|
|Cubs||+ ()||U 7.5 (-114)||-107|
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Luzardo (L) CHC: Stroman (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Friday when the Miami Marlins (13-13) and Chicago Cubs (14-10) take to the field at 6:40 PM ET, live on BSFL. Luis Arraez is batting .425 for the Marlins (-108 favorites on the moneyline) while Nico Hoerner leads the underdog Cubs (-107) with a .336 average. Miami’s Jesus Luzardo gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Marcus Stroman.
Marlins vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins are the third-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.3 runs per game (85 total).
- The Marlins are 20th in MLB action with 26 home runs. They average one per game.
- Miami has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Marlins’ .301 on-base percentage ranks 25th in MLB.
- Miami’s .384 slugging percentage is 19th in baseball.
- The Cubs have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 135.
- Chicago ranks eighth in Major League Baseball with 33 home runs.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .276 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .346 this season, which ranks second in baseball.
- Fueled by 75 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank second in MLB with a .448 slugging percentage this season.
Marlins vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have gone 3-1 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 75% of those games).
- Miami has gone 4-2 (winning 66.7% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -108 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Marlins’ implied win probability is 51.9%.
- Miami has played in 13 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total six times (6-7-0).
- The Marlins are 6-8-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Cubs have been the underdog eight times and won four of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 4-4 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least -107 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 51.7% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 13 games with a total this season.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 10-4-0 in 14 games with a spread this season.
|Jesús Luzardo (MIA)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Arraez leads Miami in batting average (.425) this season.
- Among hitters in baseball, Arraez is 217th in home runs and 145th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler is slugging .518 this season, with a team-best five homers while driving in 10 runs.
- Soler ranks 25th in home runs and 124th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Jon Berti has 18 hits this season and a slash line of .237/.289/.368.
- Berti will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he has a batting average of .308 with one homer.
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in home runs with five while driving in 11 runs and slugging .411.
- Chisholm will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .250 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Hoerner has accumulated a team-high batting average of .336.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Hoerner’s home run total puts him 135th, and his RBI total ranks 41st.
- Hoerner takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .227 with a triple, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has put his power on display as he leads his team with nine home runs and 18 RBI.
- Wisdom ranks third in home runs and 21st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ian Happ has nine doubles, two home runs and 16 walks while hitting .302.
- Happ enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Yan Gomes has a double, five home runs and a walk while hitting .305.
- Gomes has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!