MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Marlins||-1.5 (+143)||O 7.5 (+102)||-120|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-169)||U 7.5 (-129)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Alcantara (R) CHC: Wesneski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Miami Marlins (16-18) stumble into Sunday’s matchup with the Chicago Cubs (17-16) looking to break a five-game losing streak. The contest starts at 2:20 PM ET on MARQ with the Marlins listed as -120 favorites to right the ship. Miami’s Sandy Alcantara and Chicago’s Hayden Wesneski have been named the starters for this contest.
Marlins vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins are the lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.3 runs per game (111 total).
- The Marlins are 25th in MLB play with 29 total home runs.
- Miami is 15th in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Marlins are 23rd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .307.
- Miami ranks 24th in baseball with a .374 slugging percentage.
- The Cubs are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking ninth with 164 total runs this season.
- Chicago has hit 41 homers this season, which ranks ninth in the majors.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .270 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .341 this season, which ranks fifth in baseball.
- The Cubs are seventh in MLB with a .432 slugging percentage this season.
Marlins vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have gone 4-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 57.1% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -120 or shorter, Miami has a 3-2 record (winning 60% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Marlins a 54.5% chance to win.
- Miami has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total nine times this season for a 9-11-0 record against the over/under.
- The Marlins have covered just 36.4% of their games this season, going 8-14-0 ATS.
- The Cubs have been underdogs in nine games this season and won four (44.4%) of those contests.
- Chicago has entered eight games this season as the underdog by +103 or more and is 4-4 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Cubs, based on the moneyline, is 49.3%.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in seven of its 21 chances.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 14-9-0 in 23 games with a spread this season.
|Sandy Alcantara (MIA)||Pitcher||Hayden Wesneski (CHC)|
|1 – 3||W/L||2 – 1|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami in batting average (.430) this season.
- Arraez’s home runs put him 255th in baseball, and he ranks 150th in RBI.
- Arraez enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .389.
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (14) this season while batting .224.
- Soler is 17th in home runs and 104th in RBI among all batters this season.
- Jon Berti is slashing .270/.327/.370 this season for the Marlins.
- Berti is batting .367 during his last 10 outings while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Jazz Chisholm has collected 27 hits this season and has an OBP of .282. He’s slugging .380 on the year.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner paces the Cubs with a team-high batting average of .315.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Hoerner is 187th in homers and 50th in RBI.
- Hoerner takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .296 with eight doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 11 walks.
- Bellinger ranks 17th among batters in MLB in homers, and 50th in RBI.
- Bellinger brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with three doubles.
- Ian Happ is hitting .298 with nine doubles, four home runs and 26 walks.
- Happ heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has shown his power as he leads his team with 11 home runs and 21 RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!