MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 12, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Marlins||-1.5 (+143)||O 7.5 (-120)||-147|
|Reds||+1.5 (-169)||U 7.5 (-105)||+125|
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Pérez (R) CIN: Ashcraft (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Miami Marlins (19-19) host the Cincinnati Reds (16-21) on Friday to begin a three-game series, with the first pitch at 6:40 PM ET from LoanDepot park. The Marlins are listed as -147 favorites, while the underdog Reds have +125 odds on the moneyline. Miami’s Eury Perez gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft.
Marlins vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins are the second-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.4 runs per game (129 total).
- The Marlins are 24th in baseball with 33 total home runs.
- Miami has the 14th-ranked batting average in MLB (.246).
- The Marlins are 27th in MLB with a .300 on-base percentage.
- Miami ranks 24th in MLB, slugging .376.
- The Reds rank 23rd in the majors with 157 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati has hit just 28 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Reds rank 15th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- Cincinnati has an OBP of .320 this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Reds are 25th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .372 this season.
Marlins vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have been the moneyline favorite eight total times this season. They’ve finished 5-3 in those games.
- Miami has played as moneyline favorites of -147 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Marlins have an implied win probability of 59.5%.
- Miami has played in 24 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 11 times (11-13-0).
- The Marlins have put together a 10-16-0 record ATS this season.
- The Reds have been underdogs in 20 games this season and won eight (40%) of those contests.
- Cincinnati has entered 15 games this season as the underdog by +125 or more and is 4-11 in those contests.
- The Reds have a 44.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 14 of 28 chances this season.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 16-11-0 in 27 games with a spread this season.
|Eury Pérez (MIA)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 1|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami in batting average (.398) this season.
- Including all batters in MLB, Arraez is 273rd in homers and 162nd in RBI.
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in home runs with nine and runs batted in with 20.
- Soler is ninth in home runs and 43rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Soler has a batting average of .368 with three homers over the course of his last five outings and is working on a five-game hit streak.
- Jon Berti is slashing .265/.317/.363 this season for the Marlins.
- Jazz Chisholm has collected 30 hits this season and has an OBP of .282. He’s slugging .360 on the year.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India leads the Reds with a team-high batting average of .311.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, India’s home run total puts him 143rd, and his RBI total ranks 85th.
- India brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .389 with four doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- TJ Friedl has five doubles, three triples, three home runs and seven walks while hitting .306.
- Among all major league hitters, Friedl ranks 143rd in home runs and 71st in RBI.
- Spencer Steer has launched a team-high five homers.
- Nick Senzel is batting .261 with four doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!