MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Marlins||-1.5 (+134)||O 7.5 (+106)||-163|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-158)||U 7.5 (-135)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Garrett (L) PIT: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A losing streak will come to an end Thursday when the Miami Marlins (42-33), losers of two straight, take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (34-39). The Pirates are hoping to avoid their ninth loss in a row. The Marlins are -163 favorites to snap out of their slide when the teams hit the field at LoanDepot park, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET on BSFL. Braxton Garrett will get the ball for Miami while Pittsburgh will counter with Mitch Keller.
Marlins vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins rank 23rd in runs scored with 303, four per game.
- The Marlins average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 23rd in MLB action with 69 total home runs.
- Miami’s .259 batting average is eighth-best in the majors.
- The Marlins rank 14th in baseball with a .321 on-base percentage.
- Miami is 20th in baseball with a .394 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored the 23rd-most runs in the league this season with 303 (4.2 per game).
- Pittsburgh’s 67 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Pirates’ .240 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .319 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Pirates rank 22nd in the majors with a .392 team slugging percentage.
Marlins vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have gone 19-10 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 65.5% of those games).
- Miami has gone 9-1 (winning 90% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -163 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Marlins a 62% chance to win.
- In the 60 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Miami, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 29 times (29-31-0).
- The Marlins have covered 49.2% of their games this season, going 31-32-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Pirates have been the underdog 44 times and won 16, or 36.4%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 5-5 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +139 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 41.8% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 32 of its 60 games with a total.
- The Pirates are 27-32-0 ATS in their 59 games with a spread this season.
|Braxton Garrett (MIA)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|3 – 2||W/L||8 – 3|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami with a batting average of .398. He’s also hit two home runs with 35 RBI.
- Among all batters in baseball, Arraez’s home run total places him 305th and his RBI tally places him 73rd.
- Arraez is batting .609 with one homer during his last five outings and is on a five-game hitting streak.
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in home runs with 21 and runs batted in with 45.
- Soler is third in home runs and 21st in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Bryan De La Cruz has collected 73 base hits, an OBP of .323 and a slugging percentage of .421 this season.
- De La Cruz will look to add one more to his three-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .273.
- Yuli Gurriel has collected 45 hits this season and has an OBP of .314. He’s slugging .379 on the year.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds has a team-high batting average of .279 while pacing the Pirates in runs batted in (40).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 108th, and his RBI total ranks 42nd.
- Reynolds heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .176 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .264 with seven doubles, nine home runs and 43 walks.
- McCutchen ranks 86th in homers and 172nd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- McCutchen takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run, five walks and an RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .255 with 15 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Carlos Santana has 16 doubles, six home runs and 31 walks while batting .227.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!