MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, June 23, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Marlins||-1.5 (+104)||O 7.5 (-113)||-217|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-121)||U 7.5 (-112)||+182|
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Luzardo (L) PIT: Ortiz (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Friday’s matchup with the Miami Marlins (43-33), the Pittsburgh Pirates (34-40) are on a 10-game losing streak. The contest starts at 6:40 PM ET on Apple TV+ with the Marlins listed as -217 favorites, while the are +182 underdogs who may be heading for a 11th straight defeat. Jesus Luzardo gets the starting nod for Miami while Luis Ortiz is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Marlins vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins have the No. 23 offense in MLB play scoring 4.1 runs per game (309 total runs).
- The Marlins average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in MLB play with 70 total home runs.
- Miami’s .260 batting average is eighth-best in the majors.
- The Marlins rank 13th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Miami ranks 21st in baseball, slugging .395.
- The Pirates have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 307 (4.1 per game).
- Pittsburgh’s 69 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 21st in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Pirates are 22nd in MLB with a slugging percentage of .392 this season.
Marlins vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have won 20 of the 30 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (66.7%).
- Miami has played as moneyline favorites of -217 or shorter in just two games this season, which it won both.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Marlins a 68.5% chance to win.
- Miami has played in 61 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 30 times (30-31-0).
- The Marlins have put together a 32-32-0 record against the spread this season (covering 50% of the time).
- This season, the Pirates have won 16 out of the 45 games, or 35.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Pittsburgh has played as an underdog of +182 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 35.5% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 33 of 61 chances this season.
- The Pirates are 27-33-0 ATS in their 60 games with a spread this season.
|Jesús Luzardo (MIA)||Pitcher||Luis Ortiz (PIT)|
|6 – 5||W/L||1 – 3|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami with a batting average of .397. He’s also hit two home runs with 35 RBI.
- Of all MLB batters, Arraez ranks first in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and 35th in slugging.
- Arraez is batting .476 during his last five outings and is on a six-game hitting streak.
- Jorge Soler is batting .252 this season with a team-high 21 home runs and 45 RBI.
- Soler is third in homers and 22nd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Bryan De La Cruz is slashing .274/.322/.419 this season for the Marlins.
- De La Cruz enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .286 in his last five outings.
- Yuli Gurriel has 45 hits and an OBP of .314 to go with a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .260 with seven doubles, nine home runs and 44 walks.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, McCutchen is 88th in homers and 173rd in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .259 with 16 doubles, five triples, five home runs and 15 walks.
- Hayes ranks 193rd among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 105th in RBI.
- Carlos Santana has 17 doubles, six home runs and 31 walks while batting .227.
- Jack Suwinski has hit 15 home runs to pace his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!