MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Pitching Probables: MIA: Garrett (L) WSH: Adon (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Marlins vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A pair of division rivals take the field Thursday when the third-place Miami Marlins (66-67) visit the fourth-place Washington Nationals (62-72). Bookmakers favor the Marlins (-163) for the contest, which starts at 7:05 PM ET on MASN. Braxton Garrett takes the mound for Miami while Joan Adon is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Marlins vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Marlins have the No. 28 offense in MLB play scoring 4.0 runs per game (528 total runs).
- The Marlins have hit 127 home runs this season, the third-lowest total in MLB play.
- Miami is eighth in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Marlins’ .312 on-base percentage is 23rd in baseball.
- Miami’s .397 slugging percentage ranks 21st in baseball.
- The Nationals have scored 580 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Washington ranks 29th in Major League Baseball with just 121 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals rank eighth in MLB with a .257 team batting average.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Nationals rank 21st in the majors with a .397 team slugging percentage.
Marlins vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Marlins have compiled a 34-23 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 59.6% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter, Miami has a 16-5 record (winning 76.2% of its games).
- The Marlins have an implied moneyline win probability of 62% in this game.
- Miami has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 113 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 52 of those games (52-61-0).
- The Marlins have covered 44.2% of their games this season, going 53-67-0 ATS.
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 112 games this season and won 49 (43.8%) of those contests.
- Washington has entered 68 games this season as the underdog by +139 or more and is 34-34 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 41.8% chance to win.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 51 of its 115 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 67-53-0 against the spread in their 120 chances this season.
|Braxton Garrett (MIA)||Pitcher||Joan Adon (WSH)|
|7 – 5||W/L||2 – 0|
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami with a .349 batting average. He’s also hit five homers and has 58 RBI.
- Arraez ranks 284th in home runs and 89th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Arraez will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .200 in his last five games.
- Jorge Soler leads Miami in home runs (35) and runs batted in (71) this season while batting .239.
- Of all MLB hitters, Soler is sixth in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Soler has a batting average of .211 with two homers over the course of his last five outings and is riding a three-game hit streak.
- Josh Bell is slashing .240/.321/.419 this season for the Marlins.
- Bryan De La Cruz has 123 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
- De La Cruz enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings he’s hitting .294.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas paces the Nationals with 20 home runs.
- Among all batters in the majors, Thomas’ home run total puts him 55th, and his RBI total ranks 47th.
- Joey Meneses has 76 runs batted in while batting .285. Both lead his team.
- Meneses currently is 173rd in home runs and 37th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Meneses has hit safely in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, a walk and seven RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz has 19 doubles, 16 home runs and 29 walks while batting .262.
- Ruiz enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- C.J. Abrams has 22 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 20 walks while batting .251.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!