MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Twins||-1.5 (+129)||O 8.5 (-107)||-128|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-151)||U 8.5 (-117)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: MIN: Ober (R) CLE: Battenfield (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Twins vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Minnesota Twins will take the field against the Cleveland Guardians (14-17) on Friday. The game begins at 7:10 PM ET on Apple TV+, with the Twins listed as -128 favorites on the moneyline. Bailey Ober will get the ball for Minnesota while Cleveland will counter with Peyton Battenfield.
Twins vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Twins are the 12th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.6 runs per game (147 total).
- The Twins average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB action with 42 total home runs.
- Minnesota has the fourth-worst batting average in the majors (.227).
- The Twins are 24th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .306.
- Minnesota’s .401 slugging percentage is 16th in baseball.
- The Guardians have scored the 27th-most runs in the league this season with just 116 (3.7 per game).
- Cleveland ranks last in Major League Baseball with just 17 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians rank 25th in MLB with a .228 team batting average.
- Cleveland has an OBP of .307 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Guardians rank last in the majors with a .338 team slugging percentage.
Twins vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Twins have won nine of the 14 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (64.3%).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -128 or shorter, Minnesota has an 8-4 record (winning 66.7% of its games).
- The Twins have an implied moneyline win probability of 56.1% in this matchup.
- In the 17 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Minnesota, it has combined with opponents to go over the total seven times (7-10-0).
- The Twins have collected a 10-9-0 record ATS this season (covering 52.6% of the time).
- The Guardians have won one of the six games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Cleveland has entered three games this season as the underdog by +109 or more and is 1-2 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 47.8% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Games involving Cleveland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in five of 18 chances this season.
- The Guardians are 6-13-0 against the spread this season.
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Peyton Battenfield (CLE)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 2|
Twins Key Hitters
- Byron Buxton is batting .262 with eight home runs and 19 RBI. All three of those stats lead Minnesota hitters this season.
- Among hitters in baseball, Buxton is ninth in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Buxton will look to extend his eight-game hitting streak. He’s batting .333 with three homers over the course of his last five games.
- Joey Gallo has 12 hits and an OBP of .329 to go with a slugging percentage of .603 this season.
- Carlos Correa has 22 hits this season and a slash line of .206/.289/.383.
- Correa is batting .189 with two homers during his last 10 outings while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Jose Miranda has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .281. He’s slugging .322 on the year.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-high batting average of .286, and leads the Guardians in home runs (three).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez is 118th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Ramirez has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with four walks and an RBI.
- Steven Kwan has four doubles, a triple and 20 walks while hitting .274.
- Kwan ranks 328th in homers and 151st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .236 with seven doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
- Josh Bell has hit three home runs to lead his team.
- Bell has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .188 with a home run, five walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!