MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- How to Watch on TV: BSN
|Twins||-1.5 (+112)||O 8.5 (-123)||-192|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-131)||U 8.5 (-103)||+162|
|Pitching Probables: MIN: Ober (R) DET: Faedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Twins vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Kerry Carpenter will look to extend his 10-game hitting streak when the Detroit Tigers (53-65) take on the Minnesota Twins (62-58). The Twins are listed as -192 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 7:40 PM ET Tuesday, live on BSN from Target Field. Bailey Ober starts for Minnesota while Alex Faedo is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Twins vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Twins rank 17th in runs scored with 528, 4.4 per game.
- The Twins rank seventh-best in MLB action with 164 total home runs.
- Minnesota has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.237).
- The Twins rank 19th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Minnesota ranks 15th in baseball, slugging .415.
- The Tigers have scored the 29th-most runs in the league this season with just 466 (3.9 per game).
- Detroit has hit just 113 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .234 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an OBP of just .299 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Tigers are 29th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .373 this season.
Twins vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Twins have won 55.6% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (40-32).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -192 or shorter, Minnesota has gone 8-7 (53.3%).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Twins a 65.8% chance to win.
- Minnesota has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 50 times this season for a 50-52-0 record against the over/under.
- The Twins are 47-58-0 ATS this season.
- The Tigers have entered the game as underdogs 91 times this season and won 40, or 44%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 12-10 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +162 on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have a 38.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 52 of its 104 games with a total this season.
- The Tigers are 57-49-0 against the spread in their 106 chances this season.
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Alex Faedo (DET)|
|6 – 6||W/L||2 – 4|
Twins Key Hitters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in runs batted in with 54 while batting .230, which is also best on the team.
- Of all MLB hitters, Correa ranks 121st in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage, and 98th in slugging.
- Correa will look to extend his eight-game hitting streak. He’s batting .375 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
- Max Kepler is batting .238 with an OBP of .299 and a slugging percentage of .465 this season.
- Willi Castro has 67 hits this season and a slash line of .241/.322/.371.
- Donovan Solano is batting .284 with an OBP of .381 and a slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Solano is batting .500 over the course of his last five outings. He also comes into Tuesday’s game looking to extend his three-game hitting streak.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers in home runs (18) and runs batted in (63).
- Torkelson is 55th in homers and 44th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Riley Greene has 18 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks while batting .307.
- Greene ranks 168th in homers and 226th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Greene has safely hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .316 with four doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Carpenter is batting .282 with 11 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 20 walks.
- Carpenter enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .459 with three doubles, four home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Matt Vierling is batting .268 with 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 25 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!