MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Twins||-1.5 (+101)||O 8.5 (-109)||-163|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-119)||U 8.5 (-116)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: MIN: Lopez (R) DET: Wentz (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Twins vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Minnesota Twins (59-54) will vie for their fifth straight victory when they visit the Detroit Tigers (49-62) on Monday at 6:40 PM ET on BSDET. The Twins are listed as -163 favorites by bookmakers, while the Tigers are +139 underdogs. Minnesota’s Pablo Lopez gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Joey Wentz.
Twins vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Twins are the 17th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.4 runs per game (501 total).
- The Twins average 1.4 home runs per game to rank eighth in MLB play with 153 total home runs.
- Minnesota is 22nd in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- The Twins’ .315 on-base percentage ranks 19th in baseball.
- Minnesota is 12th in MLB, slugging .416.
- The Tigers are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 434 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Detroit ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 102 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .232 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .299 this season, which ranks 28th in baseball.
- The Tigers are 29th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .368 this season.
Twins vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Twins are 38-29 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 56.7% of those games).
- Minnesota has a 13-10 record (winning 56.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -163 or shorter.
- The Twins have a 62% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- In the 95 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Minnesota, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 46 times (46-49-0).
- The Twins have collected a 44-54-0 record ATS this season.
- The Tigers have entered the game as underdogs 84 times this season and won 36, or 42.9%, of those games.
- This season, Detroit has won 17 of its 38 games, or 44.7%, when it’s the underdog by at least +139 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 41.8% chance to win.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 50 of its 97 games with a total.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 53-46-0 in 99 games with a spread this season.
|Pablo Lopez (MIN)||Pitcher||Joey Wentz (DET)|
|6 – 6||W/L||2 – 9|
Twins Key Hitters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in runs batted in with 48 while batting .221, which is also best on the team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Correa is 129th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage, and 114th in slugging.
- Correa will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .111 over the course of his last five games.
- Max Kepler is slugging .468 this season, with a team-best 18 homers while driving in 42 runs.
- Kepler enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .333 in his last five outings with three homers.
- Willi Castro is slashing .247/.330/.378 this season for the Twins.
- Castro is batting .276 over the course of his last 10 games while also on a four-game hitting streak.
- Donovan Solano has 71 hits and an OBP of .373 to go with a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers with 15 home runs and 59 runs batted in.
- Torkelson ranks 75th in home runs and 49th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Javier Baez has 12 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 17 walks while batting .223.
- Baez ranks 217th among batters in the majors in homers, and 86th in RBI.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .270 with 12 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 25 walks.
- Vierling brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .238 with two doubles.
- Zach McKinstry has a club-high .230 batting average.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!