MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:45 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Twins||-1.5 (+139)||O 8.5 (-103)||-119|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (-163)||U 8.5 (-123)||+101|
|Pitching Probables: MIN: Lopez (R) STL: Mikolas (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Twins vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Minnesota Twins (54-53) will try to put a stop to their current five-game losing streak when they visit the St. Louis Cardinals (47-60) at 7:45 PM ET on BSMW Tuesday. Bookmakers consider the Twins to be -119 favorites to end their skid, while the Cardinals are +101 underdogs looking for the upset. Minnesota’s Pablo Lopez gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas.
Twins vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Twins rank 18th in runs scored with 470, 4.4 per game.
- The Twins average 1.3 home runs per game to rank eighth in baseball with 141 total home runs.
- Minnesota’s .237 batting average ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Twins’ .314 on-base percentage ranks 21st in MLB.
- Minnesota is 13th in MLB, slugging .412.
- The Cardinals rank 12th in the majors with 503 total runs scored this season.
- St. Louis’ 146 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals’ .256 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- St. Louis is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .331.
- The Cardinals are seventh in MLB with a .429 slugging percentage this season.
Twins vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Twins have won 34 of the 62 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (54.8%).
- Minnesota has a 33-26 record (winning 55.9% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -119 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Twins have an implied win probability of 54.3%.
- Minnesota has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 44 times this season for a 44-46-0 record against the over/under.
- The Twins have covered 44.6% of their games this season, going 41-51-0 ATS.
- This season, the Cardinals have been the underdog 41 times and won 20, or 48.8%, of those games.
- St. Louis has a record of 13-16, a 44.8% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +101 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 49.8% chance to win.
- Games involving St. Louis have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 45 of 84 chances this season.
- The Cardinals are 42-50-0 ATS in their 92 games with a spread this season.
|Pablo Lopez (MIN)||Pitcher||Miles Mikolas (STL)|
|5 – 6||W/L||6 – 6|
Twins Key Hitters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in batting average (.228) and runs batted in (45) this season while also slugging 12 homers.
- Correa ranks 109th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 97th in RBI.
- Correa enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings, he’s hitting .182.
- Byron Buxton is slugging .437 this season, with a team-best 17 homers while driving in 42 runs.
- Of all MLB batters, Buxton is 41st in homers and 111th in RBI.
- Buxton will look to extend his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .375.
- Max Kepler has 61 hits this season and a slash line of .232/.296/.445.
- Willi Castro has 60 hits and an OBP of .331 to go with a slugging percentage of .370 this season.
- Castro is batting .313 in his last five outings. He also comes into Tuesday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado has accumulated a team-high 22 home runs and 77 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Arenado is 16th in homers and fifth in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .280 with 21 doubles, 18 home runs and 56 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Goldschmidt ranks 32nd in home runs and 55th in RBI.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .176 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Nolan Gorman has launched a team-best 22 home runs.
- Brendan Donovan’s .281 batting average is a team-high mark.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!