MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, June 9, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Yankees||-1.5 (+121)||O 7.5 (-131)||-175|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-142)||U 7.5 (+103)||+148|
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Cole (R) BOS: Whitlock (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (37-27) are set to take on the Boston Red Sox (31-32) Friday at 7:05 PM ET, airing on MLB Network. The Yankees are listed as -175 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Red Sox have +148 odds for the contest. Gerrit Cole gets the starting nod for New York while Garrett Whitlock is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Yankees vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees are the ninth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 4.6 runs per game (297 total).
- The Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 99 total home runs.
- New York ranks 23rd in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Yankees’ .303 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in MLB.
- New York is eighth in MLB, slugging .422.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking fifth with 316 total runs this season.
- Boston has hit 67 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Red Sox rank eighth in MLB with a .260 team batting average.
- Boston is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .332.
- The Red Sox are seventh in MLB with a .425 slugging percentage this season.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have put together a 20-13 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 60.6% of those games).
- New York has gone 7-1 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -175 or shorter (87.5% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Yankees a 63.6% chance to win.
- In the 50 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 26 times (26-24-0).
- The Yankees have gone 28-24-0 against the spread this season.
- The Red Sox have won 15, or 42.9%, of the 35 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Boston has a record of 1-3 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +148 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Red Sox, based on the moneyline, is 40.3%.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 29 of its 51 chances.
- The Red Sox are 22-30-0 ATS in their 52 games with a spread this season.
|Gerrit Cole (NYY)||Pitcher||Garrett Whitlock (BOS)|
|7 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres has been key for New York with 59 hits, an OBP of .325 plus a slugging percentage of .418.
- Torres ranks 48th in MLB in homers, and 87th in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .278 with an OBP of .350 and a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Rizzo ranks 31st in home runs and 53rd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Anthony Volpe has collected 41 base hits, an OBP of .264 and a slugging percentage of .353 this season.
- DJ LeMahieu has 47 hits and an OBP of .299 to go with a slugging percentage of .388 this season.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Masataka Yoshida paces the Red Sox with a team-high batting average of .315.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Yoshida ranks 95th in homers and 51st in RBI.
- Yoshida takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with a double and an RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 25 walks while hitting .286.
- Verdugo is 161st among hitters in the majors in homers, and 133rd in RBI.
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox in home runs (13) and runs batted in (50).
- Justin Turner has 12 doubles, seven home runs and 25 walks while batting .256.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!