MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Mets||-1.5 (+148)||O 8.5 (-112)||-135|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-175)||U 8.5 (-113)||+115|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Senga (R) CHC: Smyly (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Mets (50-61) hope to avoid their seventh straight defeat when they host the Chicago Cubs (58-54) Monday at 7:10 PM ET on MLB Network. The Mets are listed as -135 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Cubs are +115 underdogs. Kodai Senga takes the mound for New York while Drew Smyly is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets are the 21st-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (480 total).
- The Mets average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB play with 137 total home runs.
- New York is 24th in MLB with a .236 batting average.
- The Mets rank 19th in MLB with a .315 on-base percentage.
- New York is 22nd in MLB with a .398 slugging percentage.
- The Cubs have scored 574 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 13th in Major League Baseball with 135 home runs.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .257 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .334 this season, which ranks fourth in baseball.
- Fueled by 336 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank ninth in MLB with a .421 slugging percentage this season.
Mets vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have won 32 of the 59 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (54.2%).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -135 or shorter, New York has a record of 21-24 (46.7%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Mets’ implied win probability is 57.4%.
- New York has played in 90 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 41 times (41-49-0).
- The Mets have gone 31-56-0 ATS this season.
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 52 games this season and won 23 (44.2%) of those contests.
- Chicago is 12-14 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +115 or more on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 46.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 51 of its 94 opportunities.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 51-45-0 in 96 games with a spread this season.
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Drew Smyly (CHC)|
|7 – 6||W/L||8 – 7|
Mets Key Hitters
- Francisco Lindor is batting .241 with 22 home runs and 69 RBI for New York this season.
- Lindor ranks 21st in the majors in homers, and 22nd in RBI.
- Lindor enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .333 with one homer.
- Pete Alonso is batting .220 this season with a team-high 31 home runs and 77 RBI.
- Alonso ranks third in home runs and seventh in RBI this season.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .257 to lead New York, while adding 15 homers and 47 runs batted in this season.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .252 with an OBP of .327 and a slugging percentage of .332 this season.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner has accumulated a team-best batting average of .275 while leading the Cubs in runs batted in (58).
- Hoerner is 194th in home runs and 54th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Cody Bellinger has 18 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 27 walks while batting .326.
- Bellinger ranks 70th overall in home runs and 70th in RBI this year.
- Bellinger takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .389 with three doubles, a home run, five walks and seven RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario paces the Cubs with a team-high batting average of .275.
- Candelario has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .500 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Ian Happ is hitting .247 with 23 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 78 walks.
- Happ takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!