MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Mets||-1.5 (+103)||O 9.5 (+102)||-153|
|Reds||+1.5 (-120)||U 9.5 (-129)||+130|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Verlander (R) CIN: Greene (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a two-homer game last time out, Francisco Alvarez leads the New York Mets (17-19) into action as -153 favorites against the Cincinnati Reds (15-20). First pitch from Great American Ball Park at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday, live on BSOH. Justin Verlander takes the mound for New York while Hunter Greene is Cincinnati’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets are the 18th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (156 total).
- The Mets are 15th in baseball with 40 total home runs.
- New York has the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Mets’ .324 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- New York ranks 19th in MLB, slugging .389.
- The Reds rank 23rd in the majors with 151 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati’s 27 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- The Reds’ .248 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.324).
- Fueled by 86 extra-base hits, the Reds rank 25th in MLB with a .374 slugging percentage this season.
Mets vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite 18 total times this season. They’ve finished 8-10 in those games.
- New York has a 5-8 record (winning just 38.5% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -153 or shorter.
- The Mets have a 60.5% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- New York has played in 24 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 11 times (11-13-0).
- The Mets have put together an 8-16-0 record against the spread this season (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- This season, the Reds have been the underdog 18 times and won seven, or 38.9%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has a record of 2-8, a 20% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +130 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 43.5% chance to win.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 14 of 26 chances this season.
- In 25 games with a spread this season, the Reds are 14-11-0 ATS.
|Justin Verlander (NYM)||Pitcher||Hunter Greene (CIN)|
|0 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso is batting .237 this season with a team-high 12 home runs and 30 RBI.
- Alonso ranks first in homers and fifth in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 30 hits this season and has an OBP of .323. He’s slugging .448 on the year.
- Lindor is 46th in home runs and 13th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .300 to lead New York, while adding three homers and 14 runs batted in this season.
- Jeff McNeil has collected 35 hits this season and has an OBP of .384. He’s slugging .392 on the year.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India is batting .307 with 11 doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
- In all of the majors, India is 140th in homers and 76th in RBI.
- India takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .368 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- TJ Friedl’s 18 RBI and .325 batting average both pace his team.
- Friedl is 140th in home runs and 64th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Spencer Steer has racked up a team-best four home runs.
- Nick Senzel has three doubles, three home runs and seven walks while hitting .268.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!