MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: YES
|Yankees||-1.5 (+134)||O 7.5 (+114)||-163|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-158)||U 7.5 (-144)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Cole (R) CLE: Bibee (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (15-15) stumble into Tuesday’s matchup with the Cleveland Guardians (14-15) looking to break a four-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:05 PM ET on YES with the Yankees listed as -163 favorites to right the ship. Gerrit Cole will get the ball for New York while Cleveland will counter with Tanner Bibee.
Yankees vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees rank 22nd in runs scored with 118, 3.9 per game.
- The Yankees average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in baseball with 35 total home runs.
- New York ranks 27th in the majors with a .225 batting average.
- The Yankees are 26th in baseball with a .297 on-base percentage.
- New York ranks 23rd in baseball with a .375 slugging percentage.
- The Guardians have scored the 26th-most runs in the league this season with just 111 (3.8 per game).
- Cleveland ranks 29th in Major League Baseball with just 17 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians rank 25th in MLB with a .229 team batting average.
- Cleveland has an OBP of .307 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Guardians rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .345 this season.
Yankees vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have gone 8-6 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 57.1% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter, New York has a record of 4-1 (80%).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Yankees a 62% chance to win.
- New York has played in 18 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total six times (6-12-0).
- The Yankees have a 6-12-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Guardians have been the underdog five times and won one of those games.
- Cleveland has played as an underdog of +139 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Guardians have a 41.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Cleveland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in five of 16 chances this season.
- The Guardians have an ATS record of 6-11-0 in 17 games with a spread this season.
|Gerrit Cole (NYY)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|5 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres has been key for New York with four home runs, 10 RBI and a batting average of .245 this season.
- Torres ranks 71st in the majors in homers, and 151st in RBI.
- Torres will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .158 with one homer during his last five outings.
- Anthony Rizzo leads New York in batting with a .274 average while slugging five homers and driving in 13 runs.
- Rizzo is 40th in home runs and 91st in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- DJ LeMahieu has collected 24 base hits, an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .446 this season.
- Anthony Volpe has 21 hits and an OBP of .330 to go with a slugging percentage of .333 this season.
- Volpe is batting .176 during his last five outings. He also comes into Tuesday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up a team-high batting average of .279, while leading the Guardians in home runs (three) and runs batted in (17).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s home run total puts him 107th, and his RBI total ranks 42nd.
- Steven Kwan is batting .278 with four doubles, a triple and 19 walks.
- Kwan currently is 316th in home runs and 122nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Kwan takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double and three walks.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .243 with seven doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
- Josh Bell’s three home runs are a team-high mark.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!