MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: WPIX
|Mets||-1.5 (+123)||O 8.5 (+101)||-172|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-144)||U 8.5 (-128)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Scherzer (R) CLE: Bibee (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A pair of surging power hitters meet Saturday when Pete Alonso — with his four-game homer streak in tow — and the New York Mets (23-23) take on Gabriel Arias (home runs in two straight) and the Cleveland Guardians (20-24). The Mets are favorites (-172) for the contest, which starts at 4:10 PM ET, live from Citi Field and broadcast on WPIX. Max Scherzer will get the ball for New York while Cleveland will counter with Tanner Bibee.
Mets vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets have the No. 14 offense in MLB action scoring 4.3 runs per game (200 total runs).
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in baseball with 51 total home runs.
- New York ranks 20th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Mets’ .323 on-base percentage is 14th in MLB.
- New York is 19th in MLB, slugging .389.
- The Guardians are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 159 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Cleveland’s 26 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Guardians have a team batting average of .229 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- Cleveland has an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Guardians rank last in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .343 this season.
Mets vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have won 50% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (13-13).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -172 or shorter, New York has a record of 5-7 (41.7%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Mets have an implied win probability of 63.2%.
- New York has played in 32 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 15 times (15-17-0).
- The Mets have put together a 9-23-0 record ATS this season (covering just 28.1% of the time).
- This season, the Guardians have won five out of the 13 games, or 38.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Cleveland has played as an underdog of +146 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 40.7% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Games involving Cleveland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 11 of 31 chances this season.
- The Guardians are 13-19-0 against the spread in their 32 chances this season.
|Max Scherzer (NYM)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|3 – 2||W/L||1 – 1|
Mets Key Hitters
- Alonso is batting .233 this season with a team-high 17 home runs and 41 RBI.
- Alonso’s home runs put him first in MLB, and he ranks third in RBI.
- Alonso enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .238 with four homers.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 42 hits this season and has an OBP of .313. He’s slugging .419 on the year.
- Lindor ranks 72nd in homers and 13th in RBI this year.
- Brandon Nimmo’s batting average of .295 leads all New York hitters this season.
- Nimmo enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .130 during his last five games.
- Jeff McNeil has 47 hits and an OBP of .363 to go with a slugging percentage of .365 this season.
- McNeil will look to extend his six-game hitting streak. He’s batting .421 over the course of his last five games.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has put up a team-best batting average of .279.
- Ramirez is 139th in home runs and 66th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Steven Kwan is batting .263 with nine doubles, a triple, a home run and 25 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kwan ranks 285th in homers and 178th in RBI.
- Josh Naylor leads the Guardians with seven home runs and 31 runs batted in.
- Naylor takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .500 with four home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
- Josh Bell is hitting .229 with 10 doubles, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Bell heads into this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .242 with a double, seven walks and five RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!