MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: WPIX
|Mets||-1.5 (+139)||O 7.5 (-109)||-158|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-163)||U 7.5 (-116)||+134|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Scherzer (R) CLE: Bibee (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cleveland Guardians (20-24) will look to Gabriel Arias, who has blasted homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the New York Mets (23-23) Sunday at Citi Field. The Mets and Pete Alonso (who has a four-game home run streak of his own) are -158 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 1:40 PM ET live on WPIX. Max Scherzer gets the starting nod for New York while Tanner Bibee is Cleveland’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets rank 15th in runs scored with 200, 4.3 per game.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 15th in baseball with 51 total home runs.
- New York has the 19th-ranked batting average in the majors (.241).
- The Mets’ .323 on-base percentage is 14th in MLB.
- New York is 19th in baseball with a .389 slugging percentage.
- The Guardians have scored the 28th-most runs in the league this season with just 159 (3.6 per game).
- Cleveland has hit just 26 homers this season, which ranks last in the majors.
- The Guardians’ .229 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- Cleveland has an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Guardians rank last in the majors with a .343 team slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have won 13 of the 26 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (50%).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -158 or shorter, New York has a record of 7-10 (41.2%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Mets a 61.2% chance to win.
- New York has played in 32 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 15 times (15-17-0).
- The Mets have put together a 9-23-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Guardians have been the underdog 13 times and won five, or 38.5%, of those games.
- Cleveland has played as an underdog of +134 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 42.7% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in 11 of its 31 chances.
- The Guardians are 13-19-0 against the spread in their 32 chances this season.
|Max Scherzer (NYM)||Pitcher||Tanner Bibee (CLE)|
|3 – 2||W/L||1 – 1|
Mets Key Hitters
- Alonso is batting .233 this season with a team-high 17 home runs and 41 RBI.
- Alonso is first in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Alonso is batting .238 with four homers during his last five games and is riding a five-game hitting streak.
- Francisco Lindor has 42 hits and an OBP of .313 to go with a slugging percentage of .419 this season.
- Lindor is 78th in home runs and 15th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .295 to lead New York, while adding three homers and 18 runs batted in this season.
- Nimmo will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. During his last five games, he has a batting average of .130.
- Jeff McNeil has 47 hits and an OBP of .363 to go with a slugging percentage of .365 this season.
- McNeil enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last five games he’s hitting .421.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez leads the Guardians with a .279 batting average.
- Ramirez ranks 141st in home runs and 74th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .263 with nine doubles, a triple, a home run and 25 walks.
- Kwan is 290th overall in homers and 186th in RBI this season.
- Josh Naylor paces the Guardians in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (31).
- Naylor has safely hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .500 with four home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
- Josh Bell is hitting .229 with 10 doubles, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Bell takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .242 with a double, seven walks and five RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!