MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Mets||-1.5 (+118)||O 8.5 (-113)||-138|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-138)||U 8.5 (-112)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Lucchesi (L) DET: Lorenzen (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Mets (16-13) visit the Detroit Tigers (10-17) on Tuesday to begin a three-game series, with the first pitch at 6:40 PM ET from Comerica Park. The Mets are listed as -138 favorites, while the underdog Tigers have +118 odds on the moneyline. Joey Lucchesi takes the mound for New York while Michael Lorenzen is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets rank 11th in runs scored with 135, 4.7 per game.
- The Mets rank 18th in MLB action with 31 total home runs.
- New York ranks 19th in the majors with a .242 batting average.
- The Mets’ .334 on-base percentage ranks sixth-best in baseball.
- New York is 17th in MLB, slugging .393.
- The Tigers have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 88 (3.3 per game).
- Detroit has hit just 20 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Tigers rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .221.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .289 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- The Tigers are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .335 this season.
Mets vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets are 7-4 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 63.6% of those games).
- New York has gone 4-3 (winning 57.1% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -138 or shorter.
- The Mets have a 58% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- New York has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total seven times this season for a 7-10-0 record against the over/under.
- The Mets have gone 8-9-0 ATS this season.
- The Tigers have entered the game as underdogs 19 times this season and won eight, or 42.1%, of those games.
- Detroit has entered 15 games this season as the underdog by +118 or more and is 5-10 in those contests.
- The Tigers have a 45.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of its 19 opportunities.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 12-7-0 in 19 games with a spread this season.
|Joey Lucchesi (NYM)||Pitcher||Michael Lorenzen (DET)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 1|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (11) and runs batted in (28) this season while batting .248.
- Among all hitters in Major League Baseball, Alonso’s home run total places him first and his RBI tally places him second.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York in batting with a .320 average while slugging two homers and driving in 13 runs.
- Nimmo is 155th in home runs and 88th in RBI this season.
- Nimmo will look to extend his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .200.
- Jeff McNeil has collected 31 base hits, an OBP of .418 and a slugging percentage of .441 this season.
- McNeil enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .412 during his last five outings with one homer.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 23 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .430 on the year.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Nick Maton leads the Tigers with four home runs and 13 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Maton ranks 69th in home runs and 88th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .206 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Torkelson currently ranks 155th in home runs and 114th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Javier Baez is batting .233 with five doubles and six walks.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .284 to lead his team.
- Vierling takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with three doubles, two walks and four RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!