MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: BSDET
|Mets||-1.5 (-123)||O 8.5 (-102)||-204|
|Tigers||+1.5 (+105)||U 8.5 (-125)||+171|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Lucchesi (L) DET: Wentz (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Mets (16-13) are favorites (-204) on the moneyline when they square off against the Detroit Tigers (10-17) Wednesday at 1:40 PM ET, live on BSDET. Joey Lucchesi starts for New York while Joey Wentz is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets have the No. 13 offense in MLB play scoring 4.7 runs per game (135 total runs).
- The Mets are 19th in MLB action with 31 total home runs.
- New York’s .242 batting average ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Mets are eighth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .334.
- New York ranks 17th in MLB, slugging .393.
- The Tigers have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 88 (3.3 per game).
- Detroit ranks 27th in Major League Baseball with just 20 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .221 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an OBP of just .289 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Tigers rank last in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .335 this season.
Mets vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have compiled a 7-4 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 63.6% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -204 or shorter, New York has a record of 2-2 (50%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Mets have an implied win probability of 67.1%.
- New York has played in 17 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total seven times (7-10-0).
- The Mets have covered 47.1% of their games this season, going 8-9-0 ATS.
- The Tigers have won eight, or 42.1%, of the 19 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Detroit has won one of its four games when it’s the underdog by at least +171 on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have a 36.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Detroit have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in seven of 19 chances this season.
- The Tigers are 12-7-0 against the spread this season.
|Joey Lucchesi (NYM)||Pitcher||Joey Wentz (DET)|
|1 – 0||W/L||0 – 3|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs with 11 and runs batted in with 28.
- Alonso ranks first in MLB in home runs, and second in RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo’s batting average of .320 leads all New York hitters this season.
- Nimmo ranks 166th in baseball in homers, and 96th in RBI.
- Nimmo has a batting average of .200 during his last five games and is on a two-game hit streak.
- Jeff McNeil has 31 hits this season and a slash line of .304/.418/.441.
- McNeil is batting .417 with two homers over the course of his last 10 games while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .215 with an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .430 this season.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Nick Maton paces the Tigers in home runs (four) and runs batted in (13).
- Maton is 75th in home runs and 96th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .206 with four doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Torkelson ranks 166th overall in homers and 128th in RBI this season.
- Javier Baez has five doubles and six walks while batting .233.
- Matt Vierling has a club-best .284 batting average.
- Vierling heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with three doubles, two walks and four RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!