MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Mets||-1.5 (-106)||O 7.5 (-119)||-181|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-109)||U 7.5 (-106)||+153|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Verlander (R) DET: Rodríguez (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Mets (16-15) hope to avoid an upset as -181 favorites when they take on Eric Haase (with homers in two straight contests) and the Detroit Tigers (12-17). First pitch is at 1:10 PM ET Thursday, live from Comerica Park and airing on MLB Network. New York’s Justin Verlander gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Eduardo Rodriguez.
Mets vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets rank 12th in runs scored with 141, 4.5 per game.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 16th in MLB action with 34 total home runs.
- New York ranks 18th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Mets rank 10th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .330.
- New York’s .395 slugging percentage is 17th in baseball.
- The Tigers have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 102 (3.5 per game).
- Detroit has hit just 24 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .225 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .291 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- The Tigers rank 29th in the majors with a .348 team slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have won seven of the 13 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (53.8%).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -181 or shorter, New York has a 3-3 record (winning 50% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Mets a 64.4% chance to win.
- New York has played in 19 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total nine times (9-10-0).
- The Mets have gone 8-11-0 ATS this season.
- The Tigers have won 10, or 47.6%, of the 21 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Detroit has a record of 2-4 when it’s set as an underdog of +153 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Tigers have a 39.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in nine of its 21 games with a total.
- The Tigers are 14-7-0 against the spread in their 21 chances this season.
|Justin Verlander (NYM)||Pitcher||Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (11) and runs batted in (28) this season while batting .250.
- Alonso ranks second in MLB in home runs, and second in RBI.
- Alonso enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .235 with one homer.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 25 hits this season and has an OBP of .321. He’s slugging .443 on the year.
- Of all MLB batters, Lindor is 52nd in homers and 11th in RBI.
- Lindor will look to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .188 with one homer.
- Jeff McNeil has collected 32 base hits, an OBP of .408 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York in batting average (.304) this season.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez has five doubles, a home run and six walks while batting .237.
- Baez ranks 245th in home runs and 125th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Matt Vierling has a club-leading .281 batting average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Vierling is 172nd in homers and 164th in RBI.
- Vierling has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .210 with five doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Nick Maton’s four home runs and 14 RBI are both team-highs.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!