MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Yankees||-1.5 (+137)||O 8.5 (-111)||-125|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-161)||U 8.5 (-114)||+106|
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Schmidt (R) DET: Manning (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (65-68) hope to complete a four-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers (59-74) when the teams meet at 1:10 PM ET Thursday. The Yankees are -125 favorites to keep the Tigers out of the win column in the series. New York’s Clarke Schmidt gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Matt Manning.
Yankees vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees have the No. 23 offense in MLB play scoring 4.2 runs per game (562 total runs).
- The Yankees rank fifth-best in MLB play with 189 total home runs.
- New York has the second-worst batting average in the majors (.228).
- The Yankees are 26th in baseball with a .303 on-base percentage.
- New York is 18th in baseball, slugging .402.
- The Tigers have scored 523 runs (just 3.9 per game) this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Detroit has hit 136 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .233 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .299 this season, which ranks 28th in baseball.
- The Tigers rank 29th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .377 this season.
Yankees vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have won 36 of the 68 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (52.9%).
- New York has gone 31-22 (winning 58.5% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -125 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Yankees a 55.6% chance to win.
- In the 111 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-52-0).
- The Yankees have covered 46.6% of their games this season, going 55-63-0 ATS.
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 102 games this season and won 45 (44.1%) of those contests.
- Detroit has a record of 35-52 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +106 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 48.5% chance to win.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 58 of its 119 games with a total.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 64-57-0 in 121 games with a spread this season.
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||Matt Manning (DET)|
|8 – 8||W/L||5 – 4|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres is batting .273 with 57 RBI, both of which are tops among New York hitters this season.
- Torres is 34th in home runs and 92nd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Torres enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .353 with three homers.
- Aaron Judge leads New York in home runs with 29 while driving in 56 runs and slugging .615.
- Anthony Volpe has collected 95 base hits, an OBP of .294 and a slugging percentage of .401 this season.
- Volpe enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .263 over the course of his last five games with two homers.
- DJ LeMahieu has collected 97 hits this season and has an OBP of .322. He’s slugging .395 on the year.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson has accumulated a team-best 24 home runs and 70 runs batted in.
- Torkelson is 28th in homers and 44th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Kerry Carpenter has 12 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 24 walks while batting .285.
- Carpenter is 55th overall in homers and 105th in RBI this year.
- Zach McKinstry has 18 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 38 walks while hitting .240.
- Riley Greene has 19 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .284.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!