MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: YES
|Yankees||-1.5 (+123)||O 8.5 (-125)||-169|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-144)||U 8.5 (-102)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Schmidt (R) DET: Manning (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (69-69) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they host the Detroit Tigers (63-75) Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET on YES. Bookmakers consider the Yankees -169 favorites to extend their streak, while the Tigers are +143 underdogs looking for the upset. New York’s Clarke Schmidt and Detroit’s Matt Manning have been named the starters for this contest.
Yankees vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees rank 23rd in runs scored with 587, 4.3 per game.
- The Yankees rank fifth-best in MLB action with 199 total home runs.
- New York’s .227 batting average ranks 29th in the majors.
- The Yankees are 26th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .303.
- New York’s .404 slugging percentage ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Tigers have scored the 29th-most runs in the league this season with just 545 (3.9 per game).
- Detroit has hit 139 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Tigers rank 29th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .378 this season.
Yankees vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite 70 total times this season. They’ve finished 37-33 in those games.
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -169 or shorter, New York has gone 16-6 (72.7%).
- The Yankees have an implied moneyline win probability of 62.8% in this matchup.
- In the 116 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-56-0).
- The Yankees are 59-64-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Tigers have been the underdog 105 times and won 47, or 44.8%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 21-23 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +143 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 41.2% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 59 of its 124 games with a total.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 67-59-0 in 126 games with a spread this season.
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||Matt Manning (DET)|
|8 – 8||W/L||5 – 4|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres leads New York in batting average (.272) and runs batted in (60) this season while also slugging 24 homers.
- Among all MLB hitters, Torres is 41st in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage, and 44th in slugging.
- Torres is batting .389 with three homers during his last five games and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Aaron Judge’s 31 home runs are most among New York batters. He’s driven in 58 runs this season while slugging .620.
- Anthony Volpe has collected 99 base hits, an OBP of .295 and a slugging percentage of .405 this season.
- DJ LeMahieu has 101 hits and an OBP of .321 to go with a slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- LeMahieu will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .211 with two homers during his last five games.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers with 25 home runs and 73 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Torkelson’s home run total puts him 29th, and his RBI total ranks 42nd.
- Torkelson heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Kerry Carpenter is hitting .291 with 13 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 25 walks.
- Among all major league hitters, Carpenter is 68th in home runs and 105th in RBI.
- Carpenter brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with a double, a triple, a walk and two RBI.
- Zach McKinstry has 18 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 40 walks while batting .234.
- Javier Baez is hitting .222 with 13 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 20 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!