MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, July 21, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: YES
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Schmidt (R) KC: Marsh (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (50-47) are -208 favorites to break their four-game losing streak when they face the Kansas City Royals (28-70), losers of two in a row. The game begins Friday at 7:05 PM ET on YES, live from Yankee Stadium. New York’s Clarke Schmidt and Kansas City’s Alec Marsh have been named the starters for this contest.
Yankees vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees are the 19th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.4 runs per game (422 total).
- The Yankees average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB action with 134 total home runs.
- New York’s .230 batting average ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 26th in baseball with a .300 on-base percentage.
- New York ranks 15th in baseball, slugging .404.
- The Royals have scored 363 runs (just 3.7 per game) this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Kansas City has hit just 82 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the majors.
- The Royals rank 25th in MLB with a .232 team batting average.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .293 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Royals rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .372 this season.
Yankees vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite 52 total times this season. They’ve gone 28-24 in those games.
- New York has a 2-1 record (winning 66.7% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -208 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Yankees a 67.5% chance to win.
- New York has played in 77 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 41 times (41-36-0).
- The Yankees have collected a 40-43-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Royals have won 21 out of the 71 games, or 29.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Kansas City has won six of its 23 games, or 26.1%, when it’s the underdog by at least +174 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 36.5% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 36 of its 77 opportunities.
- The Royals are 35-45-0 against the spread in their 80 chances this season.
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||Alec Marsh (KC)|
|5 – 6||W/L||0 – 3|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres leads New York in batting average (.263) this season while adding 14 home runs and 39 RBI.
- Torres’ home runs rank him 60th in MLB, and he is 109th in RBI.
- Torres is batting .348 with one homer during his last five games and is riding a 10-game hitting streak.
- Anthony Rizzo has 82 hits and an OBP of .336 to go with a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
- Rizzo is 105th in homers and 109th in RBI this year.
- Anthony Volpe is slashing .207/.278/.374 this season for the Yankees.
- DJ LeMahieu has collected 69 hits this season and has an OBP of .293. He’s slugging .365 on the year.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the Royals in home runs (16) and runs batted in (51).
- Witt Jr. is 39th in home runs and 49th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Salvador Perez has a club-high .252 batting average.
- Perez is 45th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 104th in RBI.
- Edward Olivares is hitting .249 with 13 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Olivares heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a double and two RBI.
- Maikel Garcia is hitting .275 with 12 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 20 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!