MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Mets||-1.5 (+104)||O 9.5 (-112)||-151|
|Royals||+1.5 (-121)||U 9.5 (-113)||+129|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Quintana (L) KC: Greinke (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (32-75) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the New York Mets (50-55) Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET on BSKC. Bookmakers consider the Mets to be -151 favorites, while the Royals are +129 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Jose Quintana will get the ball for New York while Kansas City will counter with Zack Greinke.
Mets vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets are the 19th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.4 runs per game (466 total).
- The Mets average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB play with 133 total home runs.
- New York ranks 20th in the majors with a .238 batting average.
- The Mets’ .318 on-base percentage is 17th in MLB.
- New York is 18th in baseball, slugging .403.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 403 total runs (3.8 per game) this season.
- Kansas City ranks 27th in Major League Baseball with just 97 home runs as a team.
- The Royals rank 24th in MLB with a .236 team batting average.
- Kansas City has an on-base percentage of .295 this season, which ranks last in baseball.
- The Royals are 27th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .381 this season.
Mets vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite 57 total times this season. They’ve gone 32-25 in those games.
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -151 or shorter, New York has a 15-18 record (winning 45.5% of its games).
- The Mets have a 60.2% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- New York has had an over/under set by bookmakers 85 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 37 of those games (37-48-0).
- The Mets have gone 31-50-0 ATS this season.
- The Royals have won 25, or 31.2%, of the 80 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Kansas City has a record of 18-41, a 30.5% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +129 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Royals, based on the moneyline, is 43.7%.
- Kansas City and its opponents have hit the over in 41 of its 86 games with a total this season.
- The Royals have an ATS record of 40-49-0 in 89 games with a spread this season.
|José Quintana (NYM)||Pitcher||Zack Greinke (KC)|
|0 – 2||W/L||1 – 11|
Mets Key Hitters
- Francisco Lindor is batting .236 with 21 home runs and 65 RBI for New York this season.
- Of all MLB batters, Lindor ranks 118th in batting average, 83rd in on-base percentage, and 48th in slugging.
- Lindor will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .333 with two homers over the course of his last five outings.
- Pete Alonso is batting .218 this season with a team-high 30 home runs and 75 RBI.
- Alonso ranks third in homers and seventh in RBI in the major leagues.
- Brandon Nimmo’s batting average of .256 leads all New York hitters this season.
- Jeff McNeil has collected 95 hits this season and has an OBP of .329. He’s slugging .329 on the year.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up a team-best batting average of .263, while leading the Royals in home runs (18) and runs batted in (60).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Witt Jr. is 32nd in homers and 34th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .409 with a double, a triple, two home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Salvador Perez is hitting .247 with 16 doubles, 17 home runs and 13 walks.
- Perez ranks 41st in home runs and 102nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Maikel Garcia is hitting .272 with 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 21 walks.
- Garcia has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and four RBI.
- Edward Olivares is batting .246 with 15 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 14 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!