MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Mets||-1.5 (-114)||O 9.5 (-103)||-185|
|Royals||+1.5 (-102)||U 9.5 (-123)||+156|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Senga (R) KC: Ragans (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (33-75) roll into Wednesday’s matchup with the New York Mets (50-56) looking to extend a four-game winning streak. The contest starts at 8:10 PM ET on BSKC with the Mets listed as -185 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Royals’ streak. Kodai Senga will get the ball for New York while Kansas City will counter with Cole Ragans.
Mets vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets rank 19th in runs scored with 472, 4.5 per game.
- The Mets average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB action with 135 total home runs.
- New York’s .238 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Mets rank 17th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .318.
- New York is 18th in baseball with a .403 slugging percentage.
- The Royals have scored the 29th-most runs in the league this season with just 410 (3.8 per game).
- Kansas City ranks 27th in Major League Baseball with just 97 home runs as a team.
- The Royals rank 23rd in MLB with a .236 team batting average.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .295 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Royals rank 27th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .381 this season.
Mets vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have put together a 32-26 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 55.2% of those games).
- New York has gone 11-8 (winning 57.9% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -185 or shorter.
- The Mets have an implied moneyline win probability of 64.9% in this contest.
- New York has played in 86 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 38 times (38-48-0).
- The Mets have collected a 31-51-0 record against the spread this season (covering just 37.8% of the time).
- This season, the Royals have won 26 out of the 81 games, or 32.1%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Kansas City has entered 37 games this season as the underdog by +156 or more and is 10-27 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 39.1% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 42 of its 87 chances.
- The Royals are 41-49-0 against the spread this season.
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Cole Ragans (KC)|
|7 – 5||W/L||0 – 0|
Mets Key Hitters
- Francisco Lindor has been key for New York with 94 hits, an OBP of .326 plus a slugging percentage of .463.
- Among all MLB hitters, Lindor ranks 119th in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage, and 48th in slugging.
- Lindor will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .368 with two homers over the course of his last five games.
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (31) and runs batted in (77) this season while batting .220.
- Alonso is third in homers and sixth in RBI this season.
- Alonso will look to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games, he’s batting .300 with three homers.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York with a .256 batting average while slugging 15 homers and driving in 47 runs.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .251 with an OBP of .327 and a slugging percentage of .327 this season.
- McNeil is batting .300 during his last five outings. He also comes into Wednesday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. paces the Royals in home runs (18), runs batted in (61) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .262.
- In all of MLB, Witt Jr. ranks 33rd in home runs and 34th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .417 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs and 10 RBI.
- Salvador Perez is batting .246 with 16 doubles, 17 home runs and 13 walks.
- Perez currently is 45th in homers and 103rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Maikel Garcia is hitting .273 with 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 22 walks.
- Garcia takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and six RBI.
- Edward Olivares is hitting .247 with 15 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 14 walks.
- Olivares enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two doubles and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!