MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Yankees||-1.5 (+153)||O 8.5 (-135)||-128|
|Brewers||+1.5 (-181)||U 8.5 (+106)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Severino (R) MIL: Rea (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Brewers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Coming off of a 2-1 series win over the Tigers, the New York Yankees (70-70) are -128 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers (77-62). The series begins at Yankee Stadium, starting on Friday at 7:05 PM ET on MLB Network. New York’s Luis Severino gets the start, and he’ll go against Milwaukee’s Colin Rea.
Yankees vs. Brewers 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.2 runs per game (594 total).
- The Yankees are fourth in baseball with 201 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- New York ranks 29th in the majors with a .228 batting average.
- The Yankees’ .304 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in baseball.
- New York is 19th in MLB with a .404 slugging percentage.
- The Brewers have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 611 (4.4 per game).
- Milwaukee’s 143 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Brewers rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .236.
- Milwaukee has an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Brewers rank 27th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .379 this season.
Yankees vs. Brewers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite 72 total times this season. They’ve gone 38-34 in those games.
- New York has a 33-21 record (winning 61.1% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -128 or shorter.
- The Yankees have an implied moneyline win probability of 56.1% in this contest.
- New York has played in 118 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-57-0).
- The Yankees have covered 47.2% of their games this season, going 59-66-0 ATS.
- The Brewers have won 32, or 51.6%, of the 62 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Milwaukee has entered 42 games this season as the underdog by +109 or more and is 19-23 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 47.8% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 54 of its 119 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 56-66-0 against the spread in their 122 chances this season.
|Luis Severino (NYY)||Pitcher||Colin Rea (MIL)|
|4 – 8||W/L||5 – 5|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres leads New York in batting average (.275) and runs batted in (62) this season while also slugging 25 homers.
- Torres ranks 31st in the majors in homers, and 88th in RBI.
- Torres will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .333 with two homers in his last five outings.
- Aaron Judge is slugging .613 this season, with a team-best 31 homers while driving in 58 runs.
- Anthony Volpe has 100 hits this season and a slash line of .216/.295/.401.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .244 with an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .404 this season.
- LeMahieu enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .263 with one homer.
Brewers Key Hitters
- Christian Yelich has put up a team-high 71 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Yelich ranks 97th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Carlos Santana’s 71 runs batted in lead his team.
- Santana ranks 79th among hitters in MLB in homers, and 51st in RBI.
- William Contreras paces the Brewers with a .279 batting average.
- Willy Adames has shown his power as he paces his team with 23 home runs.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!