MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: YES
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Schmidt (R) OAK: Rucinski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Esteury Ruiz will look to extend his 10-game hitting streak when the Oakland Athletics (8-28) take on the New York Yankees (19-17). The Yankees are listed as -238 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 7:05 PM ET Tuesday, live on YES from Yankee Stadium. Clarke Schmidt will get the ball for New York while Oakland will counter with Drew Rucinski.
Yankees vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees rank 23rd in runs scored with 147, 4.1 per game.
- The Yankees are seventh-best in MLB play with 46 total home runs.
- New York has the fifth-worst batting average in MLB (.231).
- The Yankees rank 27th in MLB with a .301 on-base percentage.
- New York is 16th in baseball with a .394 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 139 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Oakland’s 37 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .231.
- Oakland has the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- The Athletics are 24th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .373 this season.
Yankees vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have gone 10-7 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 58.8% of those games).
- New York has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -238 or shorter.
- The Yankees have a 70.4% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- New York has played in 24 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total nine times (9-15-0).
- The Yankees have gone 11-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Athletics have entered the game as underdogs 25 times this season and won six, or 24%, of those games.
- This season, Oakland has been at least a +198 underdog on the moneyline five times, losing each of those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 33.6%.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 14 of its 23 chances.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 11-15-0 in 26 games with a spread this season.
|Clarke Schmidt (NYY)||Pitcher||Drew Rucinski (OAK)|
|0 – 3||W/L||0 – 2|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres has been key for New York with 31 hits, an OBP of .343 plus a slugging percentage of .444.
- Among hitters in MLB, Torres is 67th in home runs and 148th in RBI.
- Torres will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .273 with one homer during his last five outings.
- Anthony Rizzo leads New York in homers with six while also batting a team-best .292 this season.
- Rizzo ranks 43rd in homers and 106th in RBI this season.
- Rizzo enters this game on a six-game hit streak. He’s hitting .350 in his last five games with one homer.
- DJ LeMahieu leads New York in runs batted in (16) this season. He has a .278 batting average and a .461 slugging percentage.
- LeMahieu is batting .278 with one homer during his last 10 outings while also on a seven-game hitting streak.
- Anthony Volpe is batting .205 with an OBP of .307 and a slugging percentage of .320 this season.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker leads the Athletics with 10 home runs and 26 runs batted in, while racking up a team-high batting average of .319.
- Rooker is fifth in homers and 13th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ruiz is hitting .277 with nine doubles, a triple and four walks.
- Ruiz is 340th in home runs and 79th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ruiz has hit safely in 10 games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .318 with four doubles, a triple, a walk and six RBI.
- Ryan Noda has seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and 21 walks while hitting .244.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .208 with two doubles, a triple, six home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!