MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: SNY
|Mets||-1.5 (+146)||O 8.5 (-136)||-138|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-172)||U 8.5 (+107)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Peterson (L) PIT: Falter (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Mets will take the field against the Pittsburgh Pirates (53-66) on Tuesday. The game begins at 7:10 PM ET on SNY, with the Mets listed as -138 favorites on the moneyline. David Peterson will get the ball for New York while Pittsburgh will counter with Bailey Falter.
Mets vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets are the 20th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.3 runs per game (514 total).
- The Mets rank 11th in baseball with 147 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- New York ranks 24th in MLB with a .236 batting average.
- The Mets rank 17th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .317.
- New York is 21st in MLB, slugging .397.
- The Pirates have scored 495 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh’s 119 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 25th in the majors with a .387 team slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite 61 total times this season. They’ve gone 34-27 in those games.
- New York has gone 20-23 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter (46.5% winning percentage).
- The Mets have a 58% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- New York has played in 98 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 44 times (44-54-0).
- The Mets are 36-59-0 ATS this season.
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs 84 times this season and won 33, or 39.3%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh is 29-30 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +118 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Pirates, based on the moneyline, is 45.9%.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 58 of its 103 opportunities.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 52-52-0 in 104 games with a spread this season.
|David Peterson (NYM)||Pitcher||Bailey Falter (PIT)|
|3 – 7||W/L||0 – 7|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (35) and runs batted in (88) this season while batting .224.
- Alonso ranks third in Major League Baseball in home runs, and fourth in RBI.
- Alonso will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .143 during his last five games.
- Francisco Lindor has 107 hits and an OBP of .333 to go with a slugging percentage of .465 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Lindor ranks 24th in homers and 28th in RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .261 to lead New York, while adding 16 homers and 48 runs batted in this season.
- Nimmo is batting .324 with one homer over the course of his last 10 games while also on a six-game hitting streak.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .260 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .343 this season.
- McNeil is batting .400 in his last five outings. He also comes into Tuesday’s game looking to extend his eight-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with 56 runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .268.
- In all of MLB, Reynolds ranks 68th in homers and 71st in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .254 with 14 doubles, 10 home runs and 65 walks.
- McCutchen is 168th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 211th in RBI.
- Jack Suwinski has hit a team-high 21 home runs.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .256 with 18 doubles, six triples, eight home runs and 17 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!