MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: SNY
|Mets||-1.5 (+162)||O 8.5 (-121)||-120|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-192)||U 8.5 (-104)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Megill (R) PIT: Oviedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Jonathan Arauz (two-game homer streak), the New York Mets (54-66) are favorites versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (54-66) Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET. Bookmakers have named the Mets as -120 favorites for the game, which airs on SNY. Tylor Megill starts for New York while Johan Oviedo is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets have the No. 20 offense in MLB action scoring 4.3 runs per game (518 total runs).
- The Mets rank 11th in baseball with 150 total home runs.
- New York’s .236 batting average ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Mets are 18th in MLB with a .316 on-base percentage.
- New York’s .398 slugging percentage ranks 21st in baseball.
- The Pirates rank 24th in the majors with 502 total runs scored this season.
- Pittsburgh ranks 23rd in Major League Baseball with 120 home runs.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 25th in the majors with a .387 team slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite 62 total times this season. They’ve finished 34-28 in those games.
- New York has a record of 29-28 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -120 or shorter (50.9% winning percentage).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Mets have an implied win probability of 54.5%.
- New York has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 45 times this season for a 45-54-0 record against the over/under.
- The Mets have collected a 36-60-0 record against the spread this season (covering only 37.5% of the time).
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs 85 times this season and won 34, or 40%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 31-46, a 40.3% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +103 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates have a 49.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 59 of its 104 chances.
- In 105 games with a spread this season, the Pirates are 53-52-0 ATS.
|Tylor Megill (NYM)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|6 – 6||W/L||6 – 12|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso is batting .222 this season with a team-high 35 home runs and 88 RBI.
- Alonso’s home runs put him third in MLB, and he ranks fifth in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 108 hits and an OBP of .332 to go with a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Lindor is 26th in homers and 29th in RBI among all batters this season.
- Lindor will look to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .222.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York with a .263 batting average while slugging 17 homers and driving in 49 runs.
- Nimmo will look to add one more to his seven-game hit streak. In his last five games, he has a batting average of .500 with two homers.
- Jeff McNeil has 112 hits and an OBP of .331 to go with a slugging percentage of .340 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with 57 runs batted in while racking up a team-best batting average of .266.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 69th in MLB, and he is 71st in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .253 with 14 doubles, 10 home runs and 67 walks.
- McCutchen ranks 173rd in home runs and 214th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .259 with 18 doubles, six triples, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- Hayes has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Jack Suwinski has hit 21 home runs to pace his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!