MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Yankees||-1.5 (+143)||O 7.5 (-106)||-120|
|Rays||+1.5 (-169)||U 7.5 (-119)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: NYY: Cole (R) TB: Guerra (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Yankees vs. Rays, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Yankees (18-16) visit the Tampa Bay Rays (27-7) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Yankees are favored (-120) to win the rubber match, which starts at 1:40 PM ET from Tropicana Field. New York’s Gerrit Cole and Tampa Bay’s Javy Guerra have been named the starters for this contest.
Yankees vs. Rays 2023 Key Stats
- The Yankees are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.9 runs per game (133 total).
- The Yankees are 11th in baseball with 40 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- New York’s .228 batting average ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Yankees are 28th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .298.
- New York ranks 23rd in MLB with a .378 slugging percentage.
- The Rays lead MLB with 217 runs scored this season.
- Tampa Bay has hit 69 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- The Rays rank first in the majors with a .277 team batting average.
- No team gets on base better than Tampa Bay, which has an MLB-best .349 OBP this season.
- No MLB team has a better slugging percentage than the Rays (.523) this season.
Yankees vs. Rays Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Yankees have won 60% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (9-6).
- New York has gone 8-6 (winning 57.1% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -120 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Yankees a 54.5% chance to win.
- In the 22 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total seven times (7-15-0).
- The Yankees have gone 10-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Rays lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Tampa Bay has played as an underdog of +103 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 49.3% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- So far this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of its 23 games with a total.
- The Rays are 12-12-0 against the spread in their 24 chances this season.
|Gerrit Cole (NYY)||Pitcher||Javy Guerra (TB)|
|5 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Yankees Key Hitters
- Gleyber Torres has been key for New York with four home runs, 11 RBI and a batting average of .237 this season.
- Torres ranks 87th in MLB in home runs, and 169th in RBI.
- Torres enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings, he’s hitting .200.
- Anthony Rizzo is a key run producer for New York with a .282 average, five homers and 14 RBI.
- Rizzo ranks 60th in home runs and 104th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Rizzo enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .286 in his last five outings.
- Anthony Volpe has collected 25 base hits, an OBP of .323 and a slugging percentage of .345 this season.
- DJ LeMahieu leads New York in runs batted in (14) this season. He’s batting .274 while slugging .443.
- LeMahieu is batting .389 over the course of his last five games. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his five-game hitting streak.
Rays Key Hitters
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with nine home runs and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .327.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Diaz ranks sixth in home runs and 50th in RBI.
- Diaz enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .375 with a double, two home runs, four walks and two RBI.
- Wander Franco is batting .302 with 14 doubles, six home runs and 12 walks.
- Franco currently is 38th in home runs and 26th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Franco takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Randy Arozarena paces the Rays in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (30).
- Arozarena takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .263 with a double, four home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Josh Lowe has seven doubles, six home runs and eight walks while batting .318.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!