MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: Citi Field in Queens, New York
- How to Watch on TV: SNY
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Run Line|
Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $10 on Mets vs Nationals, or any game, and get $50 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Wednesday’s matchup with the New York Mets (101-61), the Washington Nationals (55-107) are on a five-game losing streak. The contest starts at 4:10 PM ET on SNY with the Mets listed as -150 favorites, while the are +128 underdogs who may be heading for a sixth straight defeat. Mychal Givens starts for New York while Erick Fedde is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Mets vs. Nationals Key Stats
- The Mets score the fifth-most runs in baseball (772 total, 4.8 per game).
- The Mets are 15th in MLB action with 171 total home runs.
- New York ranks second in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- The Mets rank second in baseball with an on-base percentage of .332.
- New York is eighth in MLB with a .412 slugging percentage.
- The Nationals have scored 603 runs (just 3.7 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- Washington has hit just 136 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Nationals’ .248 batting average ranks 11th in the league this season.
- Washington has the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- Fueled by 408 extra-base hits, the Nationals rank 24th in MLB with a .377 slugging percentage this season.
Mets vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets put together an 83-44 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 65.4% of those games).
- New York had a record of 28-23 in games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -150 or shorter last year (54.9%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Mets a 60% chance to win.
- New York played in 165 games with an over/under set, and combined with its opponents to go over the total 89 times (89-70-6).
- The Mets put together an 88-77-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Nationals were underdogs 143 times last season and won 46, or 32.2%, of those games.
- Last season, Washington won 18 of its 53 games, or 34%, when it was the underdog by at least +128 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 43.9% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- Games involving Washington went over the total set by sportsbooks in 75 of 162 chances last season.
- The Nationals had an ATS record of 71-91-0 in 162 games with a spread last season.
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (40) and runs batted in (131) this season while batting .271.
- Among hitters in Major League Baseball, Alonso is third in homers and first in RBI.
- Alonso will look to extend his eight-game hitting streak. He’s batting .400 with one homer in his last outings.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .270 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .449 this season.
- Lindor ranks 39th in home runs and fifth in RBI this year.
- Brandon Nimmo is slashing .274/.367/.433 this season for the Mets.
- Jeff McNeil leads New York with a .326 batting average. He’s also hit nine homers and has 63 RBI.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas paces the Nationals in home runs (17), runs batted in (52) and has put up a team-high batting average of .241.
- In all of MLB, Thomas ranks 83rd in homers and 130th in RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .251 with 22 doubles, seven home runs and 30 walks.
- Ruiz currently is 232nd in home runs and 211th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario has 19 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .217.
- Candelario heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Joey Meneses is batting .324 with 14 doubles, 13 home runs and 17 walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!