MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 12, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Mets||-1.5 (+120)||O 8.5 (-126)||-129|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-140)||U 8.5 (-101)||+111|
|Pitching Probables: NYM: Megill (R) WSH: Gore (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mets vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
An NL East matchup Friday features the third-place New York Mets (18-20) visiting the fifth-place Washington Nationals (16-21). The Mets (-129) are listed as favorites for the game, which gets underway at 7:05 PM ET from Nationals Park. Tylor Megill will get the ball for New York while Washington will counter with MacKenzie Gore.
Mets vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Mets are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.2 runs per game (158 total).
- The Mets rank 17th in MLB play with 41 total home runs.
- New York ranks 22nd in MLB with a .236 batting average.
- The Mets’ .324 on-base percentage is 13th in baseball.
- New York’s .384 slugging percentage ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Nationals have scored the 26th-most runs in the league this season with just 149 (4.0 per game).
- Washington’s 24 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .259 this season, which ranks eighth among MLB teams.
- Washington has an OBP of .319 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Nationals rank 28th in the majors with a .363 team slugging percentage.
Mets vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mets have won 45% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (9-11).
- New York has a record of 7-10 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -129 or shorter (41.2% winning percentage).
- The Mets have an implied moneyline win probability of 56.3% in this contest.
- In the 26 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 11 times (11-15-0).
- The Mets have collected an 8-18-0 record ATS this season (covering only 30.8% of the time).
- This season, the Nationals have won 12 out of the 27 games, or 44.4%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Washington has a record of 12-14, a 46.2% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +111 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 47.4% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- So far this season, Washington and its opponents have hit the over in nine of its 27 games with a total.
- The Nationals are 18-9-0 against the spread this season.
|Tylor Megill (NYM)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|3 – 2||W/L||3 – 2|
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso is batting .234 this season with a team-high 13 home runs and 31 RBI.
- Alonso ranks first in the majors in home runs, and fifth in RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo’s batting average of .312 leads all New York hitters this season.
- Nimmo ranks 143rd in Major League Baseball in homers, and 120th in RBI.
- Nimmo enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .316 during his last five games.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 32 base hits, an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .434 this season.
- Lindor enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .286 during his last five outings with one homer.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .269 with an OBP of .368 and a slugging percentage of .373 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Luis Garcia is hitting .264 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and nine walks.
- Garcia’s home run total ranks 143rd in the majors, and he is 98th in RBI.
- Lane Thomas’ four home runs and 18 runs batted in both lead his team.
- Thomas currently ranks 102nd in home runs and 71st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Thomas brings an eight-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with a triple, four home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Alex Call has four doubles, three home runs and 17 walks while hitting .230.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .254 with five doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Ruiz takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!