MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 21, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Athletics||-1.5 (+153)||O 8.5 (-105)||-136|
|Royals||+1.5 (-181)||U 8.5 (-120)||+116|
|Pitching Probables: OAK: Blackburn (R) KC: Davidson (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Athletics vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A losing streak will come to an end Monday when the Oakland Athletics (34-90), losers of three straight, take on the Kansas City Royals (40-86). The Royals are hoping to avoid their second loss in a row. The Athletics are -136 favorites to snap out of their slide when the teams hit the field at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on NBCS-CA. Oakland’s Paul Blackburn gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Tucker Davidson.
Athletics vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Athletics are the lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.6 runs per game (442 total).
- The Athletics rank 25th in MLB action with 122 total home runs.
- Oakland’s .223 batting average ranks last in MLB.
- The Athletics are 27th in MLB with a .300 on-base percentage.
- Oakland is slugging .364, the lowest average in MLB.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 505 total runs (four per game) this season.
- Kansas City has hit just 121 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the majors.
- The Royals rank 19th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .300 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Royals are 23rd in MLB with a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
Athletics vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Athletics have been the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- Oakland has not played a game with moneyline odds of -136 or shorter.
- The Athletics have an implied moneyline win probability of 57.6% in this game.
- Oakland has played in 110 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 58 times (58-52-0).
- The Athletics have covered 48.6% of their games this season, going 54-57-0 against the spread.
- The Royals have entered the game as underdogs 98 times this season and won 32, or 32.7%, of those games.
- Kansas City has a record of 29-59 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +116 on the moneyline.
- The Royals have a 46.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 50 of its 101 chances.
- In 107 games with a spread this season, the Royals are 53-54-0 ATS.
|Paul Blackburn (OAK)||Pitcher||Tucker Davidson (KC)|
|3 – 3||W/L||1 – 2|
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz leads Oakland with a .249 batting average.
- Ruiz’s home runs put him 343rd in baseball, and he ranks 189th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker is batting .245 this season with a team-high 20 home runs and 51 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rooker ranks 42nd in homers and 99th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 62 hits this season and a slash line of .212/.299/.304.
- Shea Langeliers has collected 71 hits this season and has an OBP of .268. He’s slugging .359 on the year.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up a team-high batting average of .281, and leads the Royals in home runs (24) and runs batted in (79).
- Witt Jr. ranks 18th in homers and 13th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Witt Jr. has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .364 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Salvador Perez is hitting .254 with 19 doubles, 19 home runs and 16 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Perez ranks 54th in home runs and 85th in RBI.
- Maikel Garcia is hitting .286 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 25 walks.
- MJ Melendez has 26 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 42 walks while batting .234.
- Melendez enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with five doubles and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!