MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-PH
|Phillies||-1.5 (+127)||O 7.5 (-129)||-169|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-149)||U 7.5 (+102)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Wheeler (R) BOS: Sale (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (19-14) will put their six-game win streak to the test when they visit the Philadelphia Phillies (15-17) Friday at 7:05 PM ET on NBCS-PH. Oddsmakers consider the Phillies to be -169 favorites, while the Red Sox are +143 underdogs to keep their streak alive. Zack Wheeler takes the mound for Philadelphia while Chris Sale is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Phillies vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies rank 14th in runs scored with 137, 4.3 per game.
- The Phillies average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 15th in MLB action with 35 total home runs.
- Philadelphia is fourth in the majors with a .266 batting average.
- The Phillies’ .323 on-base percentage is 13th in baseball.
- Philadelphia’s .433 slugging percentage is eighth-best in baseball.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking second with 195 total runs this season.
- Boston’s 46 home runs rank fifth in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox’s .274 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- Boston is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking second with an OBP of .345.
- The Red Sox rank third in the majors with a .464 team slugging percentage.
Phillies vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have won eight of the 13 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (61.5%).
- Philadelphia has a 4-2 record (winning 66.7% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -169 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Phillies a 62.8% chance to win.
- Philadelphia has played in 20 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total eight times (8-12-0).
- The Phillies are 8-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Red Sox have entered the game as underdogs 17 times this season and won nine, or 52.9%, of those games.
- Boston has a record of 3-2 when it’s set as an underdog of +143 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 41.2% chance to win.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 17 of its 23 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are 12-11-0 against the spread this season.
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Chris Sale (BOS)|
|3 – 1||W/L||2 – 2|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Nicholas Castellanos has been key for Philadelphia with four home runs, 20 RBI and a batting average of .309 this season.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Castellanos’ home run total ranks him 82nd and his RBI tally places him 29th.
- Brandon Marsh leads Philadelphia in batting with a .326 average while slugging four homers and driving in 14 runs.
- Marsh ranks 82nd in MLB in homers, and 88th in RBI.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in RBI with 23 while batting .269 with three home runs.
- Trea Turner has collected 35 hits this season and has an OBP of .310. He’s slugging .393 on the year.
- Turner enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .238 with one homer.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers has a team-high 11 home runs and 31 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Devers’ home run total puts him second, and his RBI total ranks first.
- Masataka Yoshida is hitting .317 to pace his team.
- Yoshida ranks 32nd overall in homers and 12th in RBI this season.
- Yoshida brings a 14-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .462 with four doubles, three home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .315 with nine doubles, a triple, five home runs and 11 walks.
- Verdugo has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .391 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Justin Turner is hitting .286 with seven doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- Justin Turner takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!