MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-PH
|Phillies||-1.5 (+151)||O 9.5 (-103)||-128|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-178)||U 9.5 (-123)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Walker (R) BOS: Houck (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (21-14) roll into Sunday’s matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies (15-19) looking to extend an eight-game winning streak. The contest starts at 1:35 PM ET on NBCS-PH with the Phillies listed as -128 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Red Sox’s streak. Philadelphia’s Taijuan Walker gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Tanner Houck.
Phillies vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies rank 14th in runs scored with 144, 4.2 per game.
- The Phillies rank 14th in MLB action with 37 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Philadelphia is fifth in MLB with a .265 batting average.
- The Phillies’ .321 on-base percentage ranks 16th in MLB.
- Philadelphia’s .431 slugging percentage is ninth-best in MLB.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking second with 207 total runs this season.
- Boston has hit 46 homers this season, which ranks fifth in the majors.
- The Red Sox rank second in MLB with a .273 team batting average.
- Boston is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking second with an OBP of .345.
- The Red Sox are third in MLB with a .455 slugging percentage this season.
Phillies vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have been favored on the moneyline 15 total times this season. They’ve gone 8-7 in those games.
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -128 or shorter, Philadelphia has a record of 5-5 (50%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Phillies have an implied win probability of 56.1%.
- In the 21 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Philadelphia, it has combined with opponents to go over the total nine times (9-12-0).
- The Phillies have covered only 38.1% of their games this season, going 8-13-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Red Sox have won 11 out of the 19 games, or 57.9%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Boston has entered 14 games this season as the underdog by +109 or more and is 9-5 in those contests.
- The Red Sox have a 47.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Boston have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 18 of 24 chances this season.
- The Red Sox are 14-11-0 against the spread this season.
|Taijuan Walker (PHI)||Pitcher||Tanner Houck (BOS)|
|2 – 2||W/L||3 – 1|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Nicholas Castellanos has been key for Philadelphia with four home runs, 21 RBI and a batting average of .305 this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Castellanos is 20th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage, and 49th in slugging.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in runs batted in (25) this season. He’s batting .278 while slugging .405.
- Bohm is 125th in homers and 15th in RBI this season.
- Bohm enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .294 in his last five games.
- Brandon Marsh’s batting average of .323 leads all Philadelphia hitters this season.
- Trea Turner is batting .262 with an OBP of .310 and a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
- Turner enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last five outings he’s hitting .273 with two homers.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox with 11 home runs and 34 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Devers is second in homers and first in RBI.
- Devers has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .364 with two doubles, a home run and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .316 to pace his team.
- Verdugo ranks 60th in homers and 50th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Verdugo has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .308 with six doubles, two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida is hitting .315 with six doubles, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Yoshida has safely hit in 15 games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .400 with four doubles, three home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Justin Turner is batting .267 with seven doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!