MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-PH
|Phillies||– ()||O 8.5 (-123)||-129|
|Cubs||+ ()||U 8.5 (-103)||+111|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Suarez (L) CHC: Stroman (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Philadelphia Phillies (20-23) are -129 favorites to break their four-game losing streak when they face the Chicago Cubs (19-24), losers of five in a row. The game begins Friday at 7:05 PM ET on NBCS-PH, live from Citizens Bank Park. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez and Chicago’s Marcus Stroman have been named the starters for this contest.
Phillies vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (183 total).
- The Phillies rank 20th in MLB action with 45 home runs. They average one per game.
- Philadelphia ranks seventh in the majors with a .261 batting average.
- The Phillies’ .322 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- Philadelphia’s .421 slugging percentage is 10th-best in MLB.
- The Cubs have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 206 (4.8 per game).
- Chicago has hit 54 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Cubs rank fourth in MLB with a .266 team batting average.
- Chicago is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .340.
- The Cubs rank eighth in the majors with a .431 team slugging percentage.
Phillies vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have won 13 of the 23 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (56.5%).
- Philadelphia has a record of 8-6 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -129 or shorter (57.1% winning percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Phillies’ implied win probability is 56.3%.
- Philadelphia has played in 30 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-18-0).
- The Phillies have covered 43.3% of their games this season, going 13-17-0 against the spread.
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 17 games this season and won six (35.3%) of those contests.
- Chicago has entered 12 games this season as the underdog by +111 or more and is 5-7 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 47.4% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of its 30 games with a total this season.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 18-15-0 in 33 games with a spread this season.
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||Marcus Stroman (CHC)|
|0 – 0||W/L||2 – 4|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in runs batted in with 32 and has a batting average of .272.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Bohm’s home run total ranks him 99th and his RBI tally ranks him 12th.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .304 to lead Philadelphia, while adding five homers and 25 runs batted in this season.
- Castellanos is 99th in home runs and 38th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Castellanos has a batting average of .238 during his last five outings and is on a two-game hit streak.
- Brandon Marsh is slashing .281/.400/.512 this season for the Phillies.
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia in batting average (.304) this season while adding three home runs and 17 RBI.
- Realmuto enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games he’s hitting .471.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .271 with nine doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 14 walks.
- Bellinger is 44th in homers and 89th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Ian Happ is hitting .303 to pace his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Happ is 136th in homers and 98th in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .269 with 11 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 26 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom has hit 12 home runs with 23 RBI. Both are team-highs.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!