MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, July 21, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSGL
|Phillies||-1.5 (+137)||O 8.5 (-113)||-120|
|Guardians||+1.5 (-161)||U 8.5 (-112)||+103|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Suarez (L) CLE: Williams (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Guardians, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Philadelphia Phillies (52-44) visit the Cleveland Guardians (47-49) at 7:10 PM ET Friday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Bryson Stott is batting .305 this year (ninth in the league) for the favored Phillies (-120), while Josh Naylor ranks seventh in the majors with a .313 average for the underdog Guardians. Ranger Suarez starts for Philadelphia while Gavin Williams is Cleveland’s starter for the contest.
Phillies vs. Guardians 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies are the 16th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.5 runs per game (433 total).
- The Phillies rank 17th in MLB action with 107 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Philadelphia’s .258 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Phillies rank 16th in MLB with a .320 on-base percentage.
- Philadelphia’s .419 slugging percentage is 10th-best in MLB.
- The Guardians have scored the 26th-most runs in the league this season with just 400 (4.2 per game).
- Cleveland has hit just 71 homers this season, which ranks last in the majors.
- The Guardians’ .251 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- Cleveland has an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 20th in the majors.
- Fueled by 269 extra-base hits, the Guardians rank 25th in MLB with a .382 slugging percentage this season.
Phillies vs. Guardians Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have won 34 of the 55 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (61.8%).
- Philadelphia has a 28-15 record (winning 65.1% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -120 or shorter.
- The Phillies have a 54.5% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Philadelphia has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 31 times this season for a 31-48-0 record against the over/under.
- The Phillies have a 35-47-0 record ATS this season (covering 42.7% of the time).
- The Guardians have been underdogs in 39 games this season and won 14 (35.9%) of those contests.
- Cleveland has entered 31 games this season as the underdog by +103 or more and is 11-20 in those contests.
- The Guardians have a 49.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Cleveland and its opponents have hit the over in 36 of its 82 games with a total.
- The Guardians are 44-38-0 against the spread this season.
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||Gavin Williams (CLE)|
|2 – 4||W/L||1 – 2|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Nicholas Castellanos has been key for Philadelphia with 108 hits, an OBP of .333 plus a slugging percentage of .478.
- Castellanos ranks 60th in home runs and 28th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Castellanos is batting .176 with one homer during his last five outings and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs (26) and runs batted in (59) this season while batting .188.
- Schwarber ranks fifth in homers and 21st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Stott’s batting average of .305 leads all Philadelphia hitters this season.
- Stott enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s batting .400 in his last five outings with one homer.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in runs batted in (59) this season. He’s batting .278 while slugging .415.
Guardians Key Hitters
- Jose Ramirez has 25 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .285.
- Ramirez ranks 60th in home runs and 37th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Ramirez enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Naylor has put his power on display as he paces his team with 15 home runs and 75 RBI, with a team-best .313 batting average.
- Naylor currently is 45th in home runs and fourth in RBI in the big leagues.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .269 with 24 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 42 walks.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .245 with 14 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 20 walks.
- Gimenez has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!