MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSFL
|Phillies||-1.5 (+137)||O 7.5 (-102)||-128|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-161)||U 7.5 (-125)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Wheeler (R) MIA: Garrett (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Philadelphia Phillies (58-49) are set to take on the Miami Marlins (57-51) Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET, airing on BSFL. The Phillies are listed as -128 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Marlins have +109 odds for the contest. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler gets the start, and he’ll go against Miami’s Braxton Garrett.
Phillies vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies rank 17th in runs scored with 477, 4.5 per game.
- The Phillies are 21st in baseball with 114 total home runs.
- Philadelphia has the 12th-ranked batting average in MLB (.254).
- The Phillies’ .321 on-base percentage is 13th in MLB.
- Philadelphia is 14th in baseball with a .411 slugging percentage.
- The Marlins are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 439 total runs (4.1 per game) this season.
- Miami has hit just 96 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Marlins rank third in MLB with a .265 team batting average.
- Miami has an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- Fueled by 283 extra-base hits, the Marlins rank 21st in MLB with a .398 slugging percentage this season.
Phillies vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have won 38 of the 64 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (59.4%).
- Philadelphia has a 28-15 record (winning 65.1% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -128 or shorter.
- The Phillies have a 56.1% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Philadelphia has had an over/under set by bookmakers 89 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 36 of those games (36-53-0).
- The Phillies are 39-54-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Marlins have been the underdog 45 times and won 20, or 44.4%, of those games.
- Miami is 13-18 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +109 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 47.8% chance to win.
- So far this season, Miami and its opponents have hit the over in 43 of its 88 games with a total.
- The Marlins have an ATS record of 44-51-0 in 95 games with a spread this season.
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Braxton Garrett (MIA)|
|8 – 5||W/L||5 – 3|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia with 27 home runs this season. He’s batting .184 with 65 RBI.
- Schwarber is sixth in homers and 24th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Bryson Stott leads Philadelphia in batting with a .299 average while slugging nine homers and driving in 38 runs.
- Stott ranks 158th in home runs and 136th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in runs batted in (66) this season. He has a .287 batting average and a .423 slugging percentage.
- Bohm will look to add one more to his three-game hit streak. During his last five games, he has a batting average of .389 with one homer.
- Nicholas Castellanos has 113 hits and an OBP of .315 to go with a slugging percentage of .449 this season.
- Castellanos enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he’s hitting .143 with one homer.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez has racked up a team-best batting average of .381.
- Arraez’s home run total ranks 304th in MLB, and he is 71st in RBI.
- Jorge Soler has shown his power as he paces his team with 25 home runs.
- Soler currently is ninth in homers and 56th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Soler has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz paces the Marlins with 58 runs batted in.
- Jon Berti has 12 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 17 walks while hitting .293.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!