MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-PH
|Phillies||-1.5 (+137)||O 8.5 (-136)||-149|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-161)||U 8.5 (+107)||+127|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Sanchez (L) MIA: Pérez (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Friday when the Philadelphia Phillies (77-62) and Miami Marlins (72-68) take to the field at 7:05 PM ET, live on NBCS-PH. Bryson Stott is batting .294 for the Phillies (-149 favorites on the moneyline) while Luis Arraez leads the underdog Marlins (+127) with a .353 average. Cristopher Sanchez starts for Philadelphia while Eury Perez is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Phillies vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies score the ninth-most runs in baseball (678 total, 4.9 per game).
- The Phillies are 12th in MLB action with 184 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- Philadelphia has the fifth-best batting average in the majors (.260).
- The Phillies’ .329 on-base percentage is seventh-best in MLB.
- Philadelphia’s .441 slugging percentage is fifth-best in baseball.
- The Marlins have scored the 25th-most runs in the league this season with 576 (4.1 per game).
- Miami has hit 142 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Marlins’ .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- Miami has an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 21st in the majors.
- Fueled by 385 extra-base hits, the Marlins rank 20th in MLB with a .403 slugging percentage this season.
Phillies vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have won 55 of the 92 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (59.8%).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -149 or shorter, Philadelphia has a 26-16 record (winning 61.9% of its games).
- The Phillies have an implied moneyline win probability of 59.8% in this matchup.
- Philadelphia has had an over/under set by bookmakers 120 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 55 of those games (55-65-0).
- The Phillies have put together a 57-67-0 record against the spread this season (covering 46% of the time).
- The Marlins have been underdogs in 65 games this season and won 28 (43.1%) of those contests.
- Miami has a record of 9-15, a 37.5% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +127 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 44.1% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 58 of its 119 opportunities.
- In 127 games with a spread this season, the Marlins are 59-68-0 ATS.
|Cristopher Sanchez (PHI)||Pitcher||Eury Pérez (MIA)|
|2 – 3||W/L||5 – 4|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 41 and runs batted in with 90.
- Among hitters in MLB, Schwarber is fourth in homers and 15th in RBI.
- Stott’s batting average of .294 leads all Philadelphia hitters this season.
- Stott is 141st in homers and 116th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Alec Bohm has collected 133 base hits, an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .439 this season.
- Nicholas Castellanos has collected 149 hits this season and has an OBP of .308. He’s slugging .456 on the year.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Arraez paces the Marlins with a team-high batting average of .353.
- Arraez’s home run total ranks 275th in MLB, and he is 83rd in RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz has been productive as he leads his team with 72 runs batted in.
- Among all major league hitters, De La Cruz ranks 87th in home runs and 48th in RBI.
- Jake Burger has 22 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 28 walks while batting .241.
- Josh Bell has 23 doubles, 20 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .244.
- Bell brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!