MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 8:08 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
|Phillies||-1.5 (+137)||O 7.5 (-107)||-161|
|Marlins||+1.5 (-161)||U 7.5 (-117)||+137|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Wheeler (R) MIA: Luzardo (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Marlins, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The NL Wild Card Series begins on Tuesday when the Philadelphia Phillies play host to the Miami Marlins. Action begins at 8:08 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park, and can be watched on ESPN. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler gets the start, and he’ll go against Miami’s Jesus Luzardo. The Phillies are -161 favorites on the moneyline to win this matchup with the Marlins (+137).
Phillies vs. Marlins 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies are the eighth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 4.9 runs per game (796 total).
- The Phillies rank eighth in MLB play with 220 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Philadelphia has the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.256).
- The Phillies are ninth in MLB with a .327 on-base percentage.
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in MLB, slugging .438.
- The Marlins have scored the 26th-most runs in the league this season with just 666 (4.1 per game).
- Miami has hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Marlins’ .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- Miami has an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Marlins rank 19th in the majors with a .405 team slugging percentage.
Phillies vs. Marlins Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies are 64-41 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 61% of those games).
- Philadelphia has gone 27-16 (winning 62.8% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -161 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Phillies’ implied win probability is 61.7%.
- Philadelphia has played in 142 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-74-1).
- The Phillies have covered 44.9% of their games this season, going 66-81-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Marlins have won 37 out of the 79 games, or 46.8%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Miami has won 10 of its 24 games, or 41.7%, when it’s the underdog by at least +137 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Marlins, based on the moneyline, is 42.2%.
- Miami and its opponents have hit the over in 67 of its 138 games with a total this season.
- The Marlins are 69-79-0 against the spread in their 148 chances this season.
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Jesús Luzardo (MIA)|
|13 – 6||W/L||10 – 9|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .197 this season with a team-high 47 home runs.
- Schwarber ranks second in the majors in homers, and 11th in RBI.
- Trea Turner is batting .266 with an OBP of .320 and a slugging percentage of .459 this season.
- Turner is 38th in baseball in homers, and 67th in RBI.
- Turner enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .316 in his last five outings.
- Alec Bohm is slashing .274/.327/.437 this season for the Phillies.
- Bryce Harper leads Philadelphia with a .293 batting average. He’s also hit 21 homers and has 72 RBI.
Marlins Key Hitters
- Luis Arraez has put up a team-high batting average of .354.
- Arraez’s home run total ranks 219th in MLB, and he is 90th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler’s 36 home runs pace his team.
- Soler currently ranks 12th in home runs and 70th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Soler brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Jake Burger leads the Marlins with 80 runs batted in.
- Josh Bell is hitting .249 with 28 doubles, 22 home runs and 63 walks.
- Bell enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!