MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Walker (R) NYM: Megill (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Mets, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The New York Mets (71-82) will look to Mark Vientos, who has blasted homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the Philadelphia Phillies (84-69) Friday at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies and Nicholas Castellanos (who has a two-game home run streak of his own) are -163 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 7:05 PM ET live on Apple TV+. Taijuan Walker will get the ball for Philadelphia while New York will counter with Tylor Megill.
Phillies vs. Mets 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies are the eighth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 4.9 runs per game (751 total).
- The Phillies are ninth-best in MLB action with 208 total home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .257 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Phillies rank seventh in MLB with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in baseball with a .439 slugging percentage.
- The Mets have scored 676 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- New York’s 202 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- The Mets’ .239 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- New York has the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.318).
- The Mets are 18th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .408 this season.
Phillies vs. Mets Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have been the moneyline favorite 99 total times this season. They’ve finished 59-40 in those games.
- Philadelphia has gone 23-14 (winning 62.2% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -163 or shorter.
- The Phillies have a 62% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Philadelphia has had an over/under set by bookmakers 133 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 63 of those games (63-70-0).
- The Phillies have collected a 63-75-0 record ATS this season (covering 45.7% of the time).
- This season, the Mets have been the underdog 61 times and won 21, or 34.4%, of those games.
- New York is 2-11 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +139 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mets have a 41.8% chance to win.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 59 of its 131 opportunities.
- The Mets are 60-69-0 ATS in their 129 games with a spread this season.
|Taijuan Walker (PHI)||Pitcher||Tylor Megill (NYM)|
|15 – 5||W/L||8 – 8|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs this season with 45 while driving in 99 runs.
- Of all MLB batters, Schwarber ranks 134th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage, and 39th in slugging.
- Trea Turner is batting .266 with an OBP of .320 and a slugging percentage of .461 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Turner ranks 34th in homers and 60th in RBI.
- Alec Bohm is slashing .278/.334/.438 this season for the Phillies.
- Bohm will look to add one more to his two-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .250 with two homers.
- Bryson Stott is batting .282 with an OBP of .331 and a slugging percentage of .424 this season.
Mets Key Hitters
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (45) and runs batted in (114).
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Alonso’s home run total puts him second, and his RBI total ranks second.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .251 with 33 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 61 walks.
- Lindor is 34th in home runs and 34th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Lindor has safely hit in six straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .270 with a double, six walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has racked up a team-best batting average of .272.
- Nimmo enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .435 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is hitting .271 with 25 doubles, four triples, 10 home runs and 38 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!